Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #1051
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Doitsu: A registration status change ((re|un)register) *might* also have screwed it up, not quite sure about that one, but I added it to the first post, just in case.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #1052
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Doitsu: A registration status change ((re|un)register) *might* also have screwed it up, not quite sure about that one, but I added it to the first post, just in case.
I didn't change the registration info either.

Quote:
On the off-chance something wonky happened, try restarting your device, but I'm not hopeful, since that already happened after both the official update and any other failed update attempts.
Restarting the device didn't have any effect either. :-(
Maybe it's a model-specific issue. The serial number of my PW2 starts with 90D4.

@rupor: What are the first 4 characters of the serial number of your PW2?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #1053
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Doitsu: It's as model-specific as the rest of the JB, and always in sync, so, probably not (plus, that's the most common PW2 variant). When was your device last jailbroken, and with which (exact, if possible) version of the JB?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #1054
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
When was your device last jailbroken, and with which (exact, if possible) version of the JB?
It was only once jailbroken about 6 weeks ago using the latest PW2 JB version available at the time (kindle-5.4-jailbreak.zip).
(The date of the files in the folder is 04/11/2014.)

BTW, I can live without the JB; I installed a couple of kindlets, but hardly used them. The feature I'm going to miss the most is the font override, but this is only a cosmetic thing that doesn't affect the functionality.

EDIT:
After downgrading to 5.4.3.2, I was able to re-install the jailbreak, which survived a subsequent 5.4.5 update.

Last edited by Doitsu; 07-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #1055
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Doitsu: That's the latest stable release, so, yeah, nothing wonky with it. Strange. Chalk this one up to gremlins :/.
Advert
Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #1056
lancec07
lancec07 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G
I have a PW2 3G bought in US shipped to US first 4 of the serial number are 9062, "Update Your Kindle" is grayed out...

lancec07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #1057
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@lancec07: Ha! Will fix tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #1058
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Problems with Jailbreak

PW2 WiFI UK/UK SN Starts with 9017

*RESOLVED* See post #1061 below

Last edited by grizedale; 07-24-2014 at 01:23 PM.
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #1059
Kindol
Kindol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi), kindle PW2 (wifi) and Kindle PW3 -Black (wifi)
hi guys, have the same problem as @grizedale

"Update your Kindle" is greyed out

cheers
Kindol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #1060
afterbox
Enthusiast
afterbox began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2013 3G + Wifi
@NiLuJe

Do you know if there is a 'hostapd' binary compatible with the PW?

Will.
afterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #1061
grizedale
kindle Convert
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizedale View Post
Problems with Jailbreak

I seem to have sorted it from the snapshots here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030
grizedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #1062
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@lance07: There. snapshots updated .
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #1063
lancec07
lancec07 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 3G
@NiLuJe

lancec07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #1064
Kindol
Kindol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi), kindle PW2 (wifi) and Kindle PW3 -Black (wifi)
@grizedale

thanks, buddy. it worked flawlessly using the snapshot

cheers

@NiLuJe, you're a legend enough said!

Last edited by Kindol; 07-25-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Kindol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #1065
sebarkh
sebarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just wanted to confirm. I updated JBroken Kindle(previous fw) to 5.4.5. Only had to install Mobileread Kindlet Kit and screensaver Hack to have them working again. As well as Kual.
sebarkh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch