Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
nogre
nogre is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle 3 Stand, cheap and portable

Hi All,
This is my first post; thanks for having a great forum.

Anyway, I came up with a ridiculously cheap and portable way to make a Kindle 3 stand. I made a post at Instructables here with pictures (also attached), but the gist is that you clip a small binder clip to the lower part of your Kindle 3 and place a chopstick through the clip handles. I put a business card between the clip and the Kindle to keep the clip from scratching the plastic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1339.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	63284   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1341.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	63285   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1338.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	63286  
nogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Ingenious! I'm going to try that. Thanks for posting, and welcome to mobileread!
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
That thing is more smartly designed than 94% of all Kindle accessories. Excellent work, sir.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Very clever. That beats my $4 craft-store wire easel hands down.

Admiringly,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Very nice! And if you want to dress it up a bit, or personalize it, you can use a different colour binder clip and one of those fancy chopsticks:

Thank you very much for the good idea, nogre.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
maskatron
maskatron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Nice.

I made one out of LEGO.

More here... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=235584

Maskatron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zkindle.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	63420  
maskatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #7
sklowry21
sklowry21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I love it! I've just spent way too much time looking online for a stand, but haven't found one that I liked. I have a cover, so I'd put the clip on the cover instead, and it looks like I could adjust the angle by moving it higher or lower on the cover.
sklowry21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle stand