Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #31
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Sorry guys, still cant get this right. I added the extra stylesheet, made sure it was in the manifest, the font was in the folder and the style was declared. I see the font and stlye thru Sigil but when I publish just the coloer os there and not the font.

I removed the extra stylesheet and added the style to the stylesheet with in the epub and I still get the color but not the font.

test epub is in the attached.

any help?
Attached Files
File Type: epub propKingtest.epub (580.9 KB, 141 views)
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What do you mean by "when I publish"?

EDIT: also, I see no font-face declarations in your CSS. Custom embedded fonts require @font-face declarations. See the examples provided in some of the earlier posts.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-26-2013 at 11:05 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdit View Post
Sorry guys, still cant get this right. I added the extra stylesheet, made sure it was in the manifest, the font was in the folder and the style was declared. I see the font and stlye thru Sigil but when I publish just the coloer os there and not the font.

I removed the extra stylesheet and added the style to the stylesheet with in the epub and I still get the color but not the font.

test epub is in the attached.

any help?
Where is your @font for:
Code:
font-family: "Bradley Hand ITC";
BTW how many font faces are you using? You only embedded ONE. some of the others are probably default supported, but not all
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reason you see some of the fonts in Sigil is that they are being picked up by being installed in your OS. They won't be picked up in ADE without actually being embedded.

Another thing, the code is a real mess. Cleaning it up would also be a good idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #35
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Step 1:
Make sure ALL the special fonts you are using are embedded by adding the file in the Fonts folder. Click "add existing files", point at the file and Sigil will put it in the correct place.

Step 2:
Place a font face declaration in your stylesheet (in your case "stylesheet.css") for EACH different font you wish to embed. It should look like this
Quote:
@font-face {font-family: yourFont; src: url('../Fonts/yourfontfile.ttf');}
Step 3:
You need to change the bold areas to correspond to your particular font.
Notice the full path required in the url "..Fonts/" before the filename...that is important.

Quote:
Replace:
yourFont with the name you want to use for your font
yourfontfile.ttf with the filename of your special font (.ttf/.otf, or .eot -for IE)
In the epub you showed us the filename is: "BradhITC.TTF" and the name you gave it:"Bradley Hand ITC"
You will need to do this for EACH font you want to embed.

Step 4:
Define a class to use the font you declared with the Font Face. This also goes in your stylesheet.

Quote:
.specialfont {font-family:yourFont, cursive}
Again replacing:
specialfont with a different class name for each font (specfont1, specfont2, etc.) It's better to be descriptive so you can remember which font does what. (no spaces)
yourFont with the name you called the font in your font face declaration.
cursive with whatever fallback font you want to use if the reader doesn't have or support your embedded font.

Make sure you surround the font names with quotes if it has any spaces in it.

Step 5:
You need to tag the text you wish to use so that the browser knows you want to use a special font on it. You do this by giving it the CLASS that you designated in your stylesheet (step 4).

Quote:
<p class="specialfont">your text</p>
or
<div class="specialfont">your text</div>
or
<span class="specialfont">your text</span>

Step 6:
As JSWolf noted, your code is awfully messy - a lot of extraneous markups and stuff that doesn't need to be in there. That is normal to see when you have automatic conversion (like Calibre) of a document (like Word).
It is not REQUIRED to clean it up, but not cleaning it makes it much more difficult to determine exactly what is being done to your text and how to change it.

Here is an example of clean code from your first page (step5.html) compare it to what you have and you will see a big difference. Realize that there are many different ways of doing this, this is just a quick example.
Spoiler:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>The Secret Steps to THINK LIKE A PROPERTY KING</title>

<style type="text/css">
@font-face {font-family: "Bradley Hand ITC"; src: url('../Fonts/BradhITC.TTF');}
body {line-height:1.2em}
h1 {font-family:Arial; color:blue; font-size:1.5em; font-weight:bold; margin:24pt 0 0; text-align:center}
a {color:inherit}
ul {font-size:.9em; margin:3em 0}
li {margin-bottom:.5em}
.quote {margin:2em 0; border-style:solid none; border-width:1pt; padding: 1pt 0;
font-family:"Century Gothic"; font-size:1.3em; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; text-align:center}
.specialfont {font-family:"Bradley Hand ITC", cursive; color:red; font-weight:bold}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<h1>Step 5 Take Focused Action</h1>

<p class="quote">“<a href="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/tonyrobbin147770.html" title="view quote">A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided.</a>”<br />
<a href="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/tony_robbins.html" title="view author">Tony Robbins</a></p>

<p>What made me different from others who attended the Robert Kiyosaki workshop and are still in their same jobs more than a decade later is simple <i>action</i>. I currently have a new coach. She is a property billionaire and when her clients say “I don’t have...,” her reply is “If you cannot find a way to do it then it is not important to you.” Not what I want to hear most of the time, but it is so true.</p>

<p>Robert opened my mind to see a new way to live life, and that’s it. Nothing else. He simply gave me the knowledge that there is another way to see the concept of money. I personally had to find the reason <b>WHY</b> I wanted to change. If I don’t have a reason why I am to do something then I have no desire to do it. It is simply a passing thought, nothing more...</p>

<p>Once I knew ‘<b>WHY</b> I need to change’, I had to find ‘<b>WHAT</b> I want to do’.</p>

<ul>
<li>My WHY was I never wanted to be tied down in a job with someone else in control of my future. I had decided that way back when I was 15.</li>

<li>I also knew that I could no longer sustain manufacturing in this country.</li>

<li>After attending the workshop, I had discovered that my ‘WHAT to do now’ was—to start investing in property.</li>
</ul>

<p>Identifying my WHY and WHAT were the results of focused action. If I hadn’t walked away from that workshop and invested my time, thoughts and energies into solving my current problems, I would have not become a property investor. Focused attention!</p>

<p>Here is the secret...</p>

<p>Not once since Robert’s seminar had I put much attention on <b>HOW</b> I was going to make the change from manufacturing to investor. My full attention was on WHY and WHAT I needed to do. Even when I was at the goal setting seminar, my goals were about WHAT I wanted, not the HOW to do it—and that’s exactly what it should be about.</p>

<p>It has only been in recent years, when I started to train others in investing, that I noticed how stuck people become in the HOW. First, get clear on the WHY and the WHAT. Focusing on the HOW is an act of sabotage and will limit your thoughts and abilities. I see this day in, day out. If you are asking HOW, <b>STOP!</b> And simply ask WHY and WHAT.</p>

<p>For me, my WHAT needed to be <b>positive cash flow property</b>. I listened to the teachers of the time: Robert Kiyosaki, Dolf de Roos and John Burley. It was a CD interview between John and Robert that introduced me to the idea of vendor finance. I got the concept immediately. Now all I needed to do was to find a house and duplicate the steps in the CD. The HOW was simple.</p>

<p>Here is a note sent to me by a current student, dated January 2013.</p>

<p class="specialfont">Thanks so much, Sean &amp; Dianne. By following your 'teachings', since last September I have done rent/buy deals on two of my properties, have two more pending and have increased my monthly rental returns by $4,000 a month!! And that doesn't take into account the cash injections from the deposits!!! I've gone from paddling madly and counting every penny to actually being able to breathe. And to top it off, using the skills I have learned since joining the 'gang', I now have a waterfront property under option at a bargain basement price and have just negotiated the purchase of my new home with the vendor financing the deposit AND lending me the stamp duty and transfer fees - so not a cent out of my own pocket up front!!! BRING ON 2013. You guys rock ...</p>

<p>Here is something about this particular student…</p>

<ul>
<li>She spent the first four months sorting out her life, rebuilding her Time and Energy accounts by addressing the things that were draining her.</li>

<li>She then identified her WHY she wanted to do this, and in her case it wasn’t because of money—she was in a very high paid job—but she hated the job, the travel and all it took from her. So she wanted more time.</li>

<li>She then identified WHAT she needed to do, and …</li>

<li>Last was the HOW, and that was easy. She just followed the steps in the manuals that matched her WHAT.</li>
</ul>

<p>The difference between her and many others is she takes action and is constantly focused. Also, if anyone tries to bring her down, she pays no attention to them and keeps going. It is her focused action on all the steps of WHY, WHAT and HOW that has made her successful.</p>
</body>
</html>

I hope that helps you out!

[edit:] I put the style definitions in the head of this document so you could see them - all the stuff between the <style></style> tags. Normally you put that in your stylesheet -without the <style></style> tags.

Last edited by Turtle91; 02-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Hmmmm...and here we are, back at the basic HTML and CSS questions, again. Despite the entertaining discussion about whether or not someone should buy a tablet (both Diap and Wolfie were right, possibly a first), really, this has almost zip to do with Sigil, particularly a question like, how to assign a particular font to a particular paragraph. Y'know what I mean? I know we all get bored around here, but, at that point, I'd have thought it should have moved to the epub or the workshop forum. How to add fonts in Sigil is a Sigil question. How to use them at all isn't. Nothing against the OP.

Just my $.02.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@Hitch
Amen

This forum is about how to USE Sigil. Not how to do EPUB (or a EPUB that will convert to something else).

Folks: please take basic HTML, CSS and EPUB questions to the appropriat forums.
Now! If the HTML and CSS Validate and Sigil has problems with that. Bring it on
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #38
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
(both Diap and Wolfie were right, possibly a first)
Whoo Hoo!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Whoo Hoo!

Hitch
Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hey....I mentioned Sigil in Step 1...doesn't that count??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #41
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hey....I mentioned Sigil in Step 1...doesn't that count??
Turtle, Turtle, Turtle:

Um...on this forum, isn't that a given? ;-)

Hitch
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Turtle, Turtle, Turtle:

Um...on this forum, isn't that a given? ;-)

Hitch
Yes to those in the know. No to those who produce code like was attached in this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote