Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #1
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
Where does the purchased books saved in Kindle Fire HDX(3rd Gen)?

I know where the books saved in Kindle Android, mnt/sdcard/android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files, but I can't find the books in this path on my Kindle Fire HDX 3rd gen.

I searched this forum and google for a while, get no clues.

Can you guys tell me the file location on Kindle Fire HDX 3rd gen? I mean the purchased books synced from cloud, not sideloaded books.

Thank you in advance
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #2
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
On mine..esfile explorer

Storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.amazon.kindle/books
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
On mine..esfile explorer

Storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.amazon.kindle/books
Thank you, the ES File Explorer inspired me, I do the same job and find the books are saved in /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files/Books/B00LXXXX/

The problem is, when I want to visit the folder from my PC (Fire HDX connected), I can't find this path. I tried to directly input the path in case it's a hidden folder, but still cannot visit it.

Any idea? I need get the files from my PC.
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I've had a look and I can't locate them either.

If they are books you've bought from Amazon then can't you download them from your Manage Your Content and Devices/Content page?

If they are personal documents then you'll need to find the source file you loaded into the Kindle app.

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-11-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I hunted through some old notes I had and according to them the only way to get books out of a Kindle app is to download them from your Amazon Cloud Drive.

Go to Your Account on Amazon, sign in and navigate to Your Cloud Drive (9 down from the top). Once you are in your cloud drive navigate to My Send to Kindle Docs. To download you click on each book one at a time and slect the download icon at the bottom of the screen (I'm not sure if you can do multiple at the same time) when the pop up box appears select Save File and have a dedicated folder to save them into before you start.

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-11-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert