Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
problem after upgrading from 0.8.7 to 0.8.8

I upgraded calibre to 0.8.8 today and am now having difficulty opening my main library. 3 out of 4 libraries switch with no problems but I get the following message when I try to access my main library.

calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:duplicate column name: link
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 268, in run
OperationalError: duplicate column name: link

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 300, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 362, in switch_requested
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 478, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 194, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 24, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 611, in upgrade_version_20
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 308, in run
DatabaseException: duplicate column name: link

Something I can fix or do I need to un-install & re-install calibre?

Thanks for your help
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Attach the metadata.db file from your main library.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried to attach the .db file and was informed that it was an invalid attachment. Do I need to temporarily change the file type in order to upload it?

Plus that library now has a .db and an .db.tmp , latter probably created when calibre informed me that my database was corrupt after upgrading.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
I just tried to attach the .db file and was informed that it was an invalid attachment. Do I need to temporarily change the file type in order to upload it?

Plus that library now has a .db and an .db.tmp , latter probably created when calibre informed me that my database was corrupt after upgrading.
Zip it up ,then MR will allow that attachment type.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie

thanks! should be attached now.

fyi - I'm on windows 7 - 64 running 0.8.7 through last night with no reported problems - closed 0.8.7 with current problem library as the active library.

upgraded to 0.8.8 this am - when calibre launched I was given a choice of repairing my database or opening an empty library. I tried repair and was eventually told that the library couldn't be repaired.
Attached Files
File Type: zip problem db file.zip (7.56 MB, 121 views)
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a fixed metadata.db (just replace the existing one, with this one and you should be fine)
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata.db.zip (4.14 MB, 127 views)
Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie

worked, opened that library with no problem

thanks for the extremely rapid help
Old 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What was the cause of the problem, Kovid?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

A bug in the db schema upgrade which could cause the db to remain in an inconsistent state if calibre is interrupted (crash/power failure) at just the wrong moment.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks. Sounds like there's no reason to be concerned about it then!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
jiffy128
jiffy128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Corrupt database

I have had the issue about corrupt database which was not able to be recovered but in going from 0.86 to 0.87

Version 0.88 has since been released.

Can I get round this database issue just by installing 0.88 or have I lost all my metadata work?
jiffy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There weren't any database schema changes between 0.8.6 and 0.8.7, so you cannot have had this issue.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #13
jiffy128
jiffy128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Then it must have been from 0.8.7 to 0.8.8 then sorry.

There have been so many recent amendments I have lost track I suppose.
jiffy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Post the error message you get.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Hi, Kovid -

I have just received this error. I did it to myself - forgot to close Calibre 0.8.7 before I started running the installation of 0.8.8. Stoooopid me!

Anyway, I got the same results as the prior poster - corrupted, can't fix, open with blank library. So, I go to Calibre and try to change libraries (mine's in Dropbox). I get this:

calibre, version 0.8.8
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:duplicate column name: link

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 106, in accept
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\choose_library.py", line 81, in perform_action
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 406, in choose_library_callback
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 478, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 194, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 24, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\schema_upgrades.py", line 611, in upgrade_version_20
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 308, in run
DatabaseException: duplicate column name: link

I see you provided a .db file to the OP. Can I use that? If so, where do I put it (and, I assume I just remove the .zip part, cause it won't UNzip).

If my assumptions above are wrong - please help me fix my idiotic error?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote