Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #106
yankeespitfire
yankeespitfire began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
I don't know if this can help, I installed 6.8 on an OSX box. Still no luck with the catalog. Attached the output of the debug.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug_OSX.txt (997 Bytes, 304 views)
yankeespitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #107
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is stanza autodetecting the calibre feed or are you entering it manually?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #108
yankeespitfire

I've tried it on 3 different touch's, had to manually enter it on all 3. Had to enter it as "http://xxx.xxx.xxx:808x/stanza/" on all 3 as well, I get an empty catalog with just the iport entered.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #109
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, that explains it. Stanza rather stupidly doesn't send the correct headers when you ad a catalog manually. I will add a workaround for this in the next release.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #110
ghyatt
ghyatt began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Till it is fixed

When will the next version be?

Till it is fixed I hack a fast PHP script that works:

<?php
$host = 'mistress';
$port = 8080;
$script = 'stanza.php';

// START
$calibre = "sed 's/ href=\"/ href=\"http:\/\/{$host}:{$port}/'";
$here = "sed 's/ href=\"\// href=\"http:\/\/{$host}\/{$script}/'";

if (empty($_GET['authorid']))
{ $str = makecmd('sortby=byauthor', $here); }
else { $str = makecmd("authorid={$_GET['authorid']}", $calibre); }

passthru($str);
exit;

function makecmd($cmd, $sed) {
return <<<CMD
calibre-debug -c "from calibre import browser; br = browser(); print br.open('http://localhost:8080/stanza/?$cmd').read()" | $sed
CMD;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah, that explains it. Stanza rather stupidly doesn't send the correct headers when you ad a catalog manually. I will add a workaround for this in the next release.
ghyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #111
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Just unzip the attached file, and in a terminal run

calibre-debug -u calibre.library.server server.py

where server.py comes from the zipped file
Attached Files
File Type: zip server.zip (6.3 KB, 367 views)
Old 08-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #112
ghyatt
ghyatt began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thank you

Thank you, that works great..
ghyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #113
yankeespitfire

That did the trick nicely. Many Thanks!!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #114
TomHiggins
Emonk
TomHiggins began at the beginning.

Device: Soney PRS 505
Not having an iPhone I never had this problem, but tonight I showed off Calibre to an iPhone owning friend. No dice, empty catalogs..much sadness. I did a quick search around found your patch. Hats off to you sir, it worked perfect.

Thnak much for your spot on patch and for calibre in general. Great app
TomHiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #115
jseligma
jseligma began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Many thanks, Kovid. That solved my original problem.
jseligma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #116
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Kovid, thanks so much for adding hierarchical views to the Stanza catalog!

Mucked around the 0.6.10 source code and did some copy/paste/edit to add sort by tag and series. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to submit the code so I'm just posting my modified server.py here.

Again, thank you very very much for Calibre!
Attached Files
File Type: zip server.zip (6.5 KB, 259 views)
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #117
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Thanks are due to lbigelow, the category code is his. Can you open a ticket and attach your patch. I'll look at it when I have a moment and taht way I won't forget.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #118
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Wow, I just tried this online catalog thing for fun, and it works great! Thanks!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote