Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
System Update for KFHD2: 11.3.2.1

My Fire HD2 updated last night.

I imagine there will be a corresponding update out for HDX as well. The Kindle Updates page still shows 11.3.1.

I'm guessing this may be a 'stability and performance' update only. Mine has had a few problems:
- it doesn't restore reading position correctly: if I am at start of a chapter when I stop reading, when I come back the styling of the chapter heading is lost.
- fails to wake up a couple of times a week, necessitating hard reset. I have the Origami cover and I suspect the sensor sometimes gets confused. I don't remember it doing this before I had the cover.
- TTS sometimes gets out of sync with the page displayed, stops reading and cannot be restarted with that book until after advancing a couple of pages.
- TTS selects 'US' English inflection with some books instead of using the English inflection I've selected in settings.

It looks like the first of these has been fixed, and the last has not. It will take more time to determine if the other two are fixed as they are more intermittent failures.

I'd been hoping they'd refine Collections a bit. On the Fire, there is no 'context' menu when you long tap on an item in the collection. So you cannot remove it from the device or move it to a different collection from there, as you can with the iOS and Android Kindle apps. Makes it a little awkward as you have to do it from Carousel (if it is there) or find it in Books/Docs/Audiobooks list.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh, that must explain why I was having issues with my Fire HD2 last night. I just checked, and it says the update installed 2/19.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
On Fire HDX, after the update, I have a feeling my system clock does not auto adjust since I woke up today and it was one hour fast after a full restore I did yesterday. Not sure if I missed a setting in the startup of the fresh system or if some auto setting is not ticked. I may ask Mayday about it.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote