Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Free Books/Stories from Greyhart Press [SF/Fan/Horror] (Various)

http://greyhartpress.com/free-e-books/
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Thanks!
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hahahahaha!

Gotta love the promotional smegma: "[W]e are so proud of the quality of our stories that we want to give them away."

I guess that means publishers and authors who wish to make money are not proud, and that the quality really sucks!

Please! Someone pass me a rotten tomato! Right now, I tell ya! I'm hungry!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-25-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Dr. Drib's post is not helpful, is mean-spirited and inappropriate for the Deals and Freebies Forum.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
One of the books up there, The Reality War by Tim C Taylor, is something I recall critting the beginning of years ago at The Other Worlds Writers Workshop. I don't tend to actually like much of what I end up critting in writers' workshops, but Taylor's stood out then as both readible and interesting. Taylor was also one of the few members of that workshop selling to pro markets back then (around 2006).

And the Taylor short story available there is from a collection also containing Dan Abnett, Lauren Beukes, and Adam Roberts (no slouches there).

So thanks for link! Downloaded.

Last edited by scottken; 09-25-2012 at 09:21 AM.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for posting this!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottken View Post
One of the books up there, The Reality War by Tim C Taylor, is something I recall critting the beginning of years ago at The Other Worlds Writers Workshop. I don't tend to actually like much of what I end up critting in writers' workshops, but Taylor's stood out then as both readible and interesting. Taylor was also one of the few members of that workshop selling to pro markets back then (around 2006).

And the Taylor short story available there is from a collection also containing Dan Abnett, Lauren Beukes, and Adam Roberts (no slouches there).

So thanks for link! Downloaded.
Taylor actually owns this publishing company, which is why there is so much of his listed. His stuff was originally published before.

A lot of these little independent "publishing companies" are owned by authors or author rings, but I try to vet them a little and at least find out of they use editors or not, and this one does.

Quote:
My initial set of Greyhart Press titles were my own work (I hadn’t intended to publish other people at first). All but one were short story reprints, which means other people had previously paid me (for the most part) to publish my stories in their magazines. Self-publishers often talk about the wonderful new freedom from ‘gatekeepers’ (i.e. agents and editors), while I had deliberately published stories that had been passed by a gatekeeper because I still felt that gave the stories a level of credibility...

All my stories are work-shopped and will pass through an editor (all our stories are edited by someone other than the author). Of course, the editor is paid for by me so can’t be considered fully independent. Of all the questions I pose here, this would have been the thorniest — would have been if we weren’t talking about the new world of e-books. All the online retailers offer a try before you buy. All I can suggest is that you take advantage of these, always and for all authors and all publishers. If my writing is not up to scratch, or if style or subject matter doesn’t suit, then you should be able to tell from the free sample.
What Is Greyhart Press?
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote