Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Anyone else use the Kindle upside own, or am I crazy?

So, this makes it awkward every time I have to reboot because all the boot sequence stuff is backwards, but easier overall.

When I use my Kindle, I always have it locked to where the power button and headphone jack is at top. This helps to not put a lot of pressure on the cord, and for easy access to the on/off button.

Anyone else do this?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I do when it make sense to do it, depending on my task at the time. Many do this to avoid accidentally hitting/bumping the power button while using it, but i never had that issue but it seems to sound better when speakers are on top than bottom. speakers on one side (left or right) sound bad.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
So, this makes it awkward every time I have to reboot because all the boot sequence stuff is backwards, but easier overall.

When I use my Kindle, I always have it locked to where the power button and headphone jack is at top. This helps to not put a lot of pressure on the cord, and for easy access to the on/off button.

Anyone else do this?
I don't think you're crazy. I think lots of ppl don't like the button on the bottom.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Not crazy at all. I turn it which ever way makes sense at the time.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've found myself forgetting what I was doing after rotating a couple times and got worried when the button at the bottom wasn't working. It wasn't until I realized that it was upside down, and I wasn't pushing a button, rather just a spot.

I looked around to make sure nobody saw me start to panic a bit. Thankfully, only a sleeping baby was there as a witness.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I've found myself forgetting what I was doing after rotating a couple times and got worried when the button at the bottom wasn't working. It wasn't until I realized that it was upside down, and I wasn't pushing a button, rather just a spot.

I looked around to make sure nobody saw me start to panic a bit. Thankfully, only a sleeping baby was there as a witness.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
I keep mine locked so the buttons are on the top, except when I want to read a comic strip in landscape mode (it doesn't seem to affect it for watching videos). It's no big deal to flip it around on the rare occasions that I reboot the device.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Jessica,

in my book you are not crazy, turn it around was the first thing I did when I started using my Kindle.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
The thread title proposes a false dichotomy. I refuse to respond.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
OK, so it's an old thread. It kinda applied to me... except that I have an HD, not a regular Kindle. I'm just glad, cause it helped me identify which really WAS the top. If you're in landscape mode, it's easy, cause the camera's on top, but if you're in portrait mode... As it turns out, the power button is on top along with the headphone jack.

I could tell, cause when I turned it off and back on, it said, "ǝɹıɟ ǝןpuıʞ".
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
It is indeed an old thread, but I'll respond, too

I think mine's the same orientation? Right after I got my Fire HD, I bought the Blurex Slim Folio Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7", which has automatic wake / sleep functions. (A great cover by the way!) In order to use the wake/sleep function properly, you put the Fire into the clips so that the power and volume buttons are at the top. Since the screen flips to however you're using it, the button placement at the top doesn't seem unusual to me.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #12
jack33
Gamer
jack33 began at the beginning.

Device: fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post

LOL.
I do the same thing, the buttons are in all the wrong places!
jack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
In landscape mode I have camera at the bottom... so when cords are connected they don't split & break. No case as cases don't allow this.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Jessica Lares
Wizard

I don't even remember creating this thread.

But I use my iPad the wrong way too.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post

Anyone else do this?
Hah! I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't care as long as you buy one!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote