Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #61
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
Thanks! Just before I read your post, I had some luck using the remote keyboard on the original version too.

It would be very cool if you could explain how you got it to build. I tried, but Ant yelled at me.

I honestly lost track of who modified what. I don't think yours includes the down-buton-fix. Maybe we should move back to Github?

My guess about the login prompt is that the redraw/repaint methods on KindleTerminal do not get called. A workaround might be to just... call that somewhere, or just Thread.sleep for a bit. There is also some getText exception in my error logs. Maybe that's also causing trouble.

If I get it to build, I would like to add some sort of config file, so you cal tell it what to do at startup.
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #62
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
no mine doesn't include the down-button fix, as i didn't see any source posted for that version.

the first thing that ant yelled at me about was something about the location of the 1.6 JDK, which i eventually managed to find on my system, but unless you're using a mac yours will be in a different place. i eventually managed to find the well-hidden files (such as the "java" executable), and gave the path when calling ant, like so:
Code:
ant -Dplatforms.JDK_1.6__CDC_PBP.home=/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
there was other stuff i had to track down after that, library locations etc, not sure of everything off the top of my head. let me know how you get on with ant...
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #63
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

also i couldn't get the original version to connect to localhost, how did you get it to work? i see:
Code:
Connecting to localhost:22 ...OK
Reader started.
Writer started
Negotiating...
then nothing else happens.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #64
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

It just worked. localhost, 22, root, mario
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #65
pepijndevos
Connoisseur

I don't get on with ant. Your suggestion works for locating my SDK, but it doesn't take my KDK. Complains about UTF-8 characters in Marcus Mei?ner and missing log4j, Kindlet and more.

I downloaded the jar files from my Kindle, and modified the nblibraries.properties to reflect that I put them somewhere else and I have Kindlet 1.3

Code:
libs.KindleLibs.classpath=\
    ${base}/lib/Kindlet-1.3.jar:\
    ${base}/lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:\
    ${base}/lib/xercesImpl.jar
I also tried passing -lib and -propertyfile to ant with no success. I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited by pepijndevos; 10-07-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #66
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
umm.. http://ant.1045680.n5.nabble.com/DO-...td1359721.html

suggests to me that you are hitting a bug within whatever it is you are using rather than pebkak. perhaps just double check your versions of things against someone with a known "good" configuration.

Just a thought
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
hippy dave
Zealot

yeah i remember those messages, the utf8 ones are just warnings, so you can ignore them & they won't stop it compiling.

in the path in nblibraries.properties, i think {base} refers to the lib folder, so check the path based on that. i just left the path how it was in the file, and made the KDK/lib folders, and moved them up and down the tree until it got recognised
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #68
pepijndevos
Connoisseur

Works!

https://github.com/pepijndevos/KindleTerm/downloads

Details forthcoming. Basically made it read a properties file to telnet into my Mac and start tmux. Raspberry is next
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #69
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

happy days then

The warnings: It's something to do with the developers name IIRC. (ironically)
Old 10-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #70
pepijndevos
Connoisseur

Blogged, and fixed the down button again as well: http://pepijndevos.nl/2012/10/08/kin...-terminal.html

The only remaining annoyance is the blank screen. Hitting back+keyboard resolves it 90% of the time. Any ideas? There are a couple of redraw and repaint methods, but maybe it is a more subtle bug?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #71
twobob

Quote:
Download usbnetowrk from here

typo

all-in good work
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #72
hippy dave
Zealot

great work look forward to trying it out soon when i get the chance...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #73
pepijndevos
Connoisseur

Latest version takes a orientation property. I prefer my terminal in landscape mode.

I also increased the font size from 14 to 18 and decreased the font weight. If you are eagle-eyed, I will accept pull requests to make that into a property.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #74
hippy dave
Zealot

cool will try that out too, had success with the previous version - your changes are really useful, thanks again
Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #75
pepijndevos
Connoisseur

Would it be hard to make the onscreen keyboard work? There is a manager class on the context you can use to activate it, but I'm not sure where the key presses would go.

I am aware that this will be very awkward, but for running some 2-5 character commands, it should be fine.

I'm also curious if it would be possible to open a pty instead of a telnet session.