Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
n00
n00 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch - 4th? 5th? generation (has a camera)
Language trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
He's died in the wool Mac and I'm died in the wool Windows.
No offense intended -- I know how annoying language purists can be, though I am a bit of one myself -- but it's "dyed in the wool". Now it makes more sense, no?
n00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00 View Post
No offense intended -- I know how annoying language purists can be, though I am a bit of one myself -- but it's "dyed in the wool". Now it makes more sense, no?
Since this is MobileRead, a site geared towards reading, I reckon there's probably quite a number of "language purists" here.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00 View Post
I'm purist too. No... I'm pedantic. However... it may be that those you are responding to will not notice... the thread is 4 years old. I've done that before and wondered why the OP never answered. LOL>
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'm purist too. No... I'm pedantic. However... it may be that those you are responding to will not notice... the thread is 4 years old. I've done that before and wondered why the OP never answered. LOL>
I often wonder why there isn't a mechanism to automatically close any thread that has been inactive for a set period of time, say 6 months. That would allow us to read the older threads but prevent us from posting to them. I've done it myself a few times when the month and day are close to the current date but I somehow don't notice the year in the date is older than the current year.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I often wonder why there isn't a mechanism to automatically close any thread that has been inactive for a set period of time, say 6 months. That would allow us to read the older threads but prevent us from posting to them. I've done it myself a few times when the month and day are close to the current date but I somehow don't notice the year in the date is older than the current year.
There is a mechanism that warns you that the thread is old. All people need to do is read it. Occasionally there may be a reason to reopen a thread.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #21
n00
n00 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch - 4th? 5th? generation (has a camera)
Four of you have joined into this conversation within two days. It doesn't seem to matter much that it was dormant for four years. It certainly doesn't matter to me -- I was just talking to whomever was listening, not necessarily to the OP.
n00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!