Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
lkmg
lkmg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with My Library

i finally got my Nook today, hooray!!

but....

i had upgraded the firmware to 1.2 and copied some pdf files into My Documents and My Music folders. however, when upon pressing the My Library button, it just prompts something like "no files in My Documents" or something and also "updating, it takes a moment", and it goes back to main screen. i had tried the rest of the buttons, screens look ok. i can even goto My Audio Player to listen to a MP3 file. it is just My Library keeps going to the main screen. what could be the problem?
lkmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Have you reboot it after the new firmware? Did you "search for new content" ? If all yes, just run the update again. Sometimes it messes up there in some point.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
refortin
refortin began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
"updating, it takes a moment", and it goes back to main screen.
Wait for the update to finish. It can take several minutes after display of the main screen. The nook will reboot by itself when the update is done.
refortin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
FireRunner
eAddict
FireRunner is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Rebooting does take a minute or two, but at least you can leave the device in standby mode when it's not in use!
FireRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
i finally got my Nook today, hooray!!

but....

i had upgraded the firmware to 1.2 and copied some pdf files into My Documents and My Music folders. however, when upon pressing the My Library button, it just prompts something like "no files in My Documents" or something and also "updating, it takes a moment", and it goes back to main screen. i had tried the rest of the buttons, screens look ok. i can even goto My Audio Player to listen to a MP3 file. it is just My Library keeps going to the main screen. what could be the problem?
This is a known problem with the 1.2 firmware. It seems that this is caused by PDF files that have no author/title meta data. So if you remove the PDF files the my documents folder should work again.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert