Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #61
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
So I managed to put a bootable image for Mistral Android on my microSD card to see if I could alternatively boot to Android. I had no problems with that part, but I don't think the device can boot from the microSD at this point. I'm guessing that the Android implementation will be a firmware, which isn't bad at all. It would be nice to have two OS's available for use, but I do think Android working on this device would make a lot of people happy.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #62
woosted
woosted began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi ColdSun, Thank you very much for sharing the applications that run on W1060. (WinCE on ARM). I have had lots of trouble as most WinCE application did not run on W1060. I have a couple questions (Very dumb one's)
1. Is there any Java Runtime that we could install on WinCE. Would you have any URLs from where i could download and install on W1060 player?
2. How to port the WinCE application to W1060. Lots of WinCE applications donot install in W1060, i believe its because these are build for non ARM Processor? Any tools that could do that ?
woosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #63
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Thats not a dumb question. I'm glad you asked it woosted. My question to you Coldsun, can the W 1060 open microsoft word files?
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #64
DigitBee
GadgetLover
DigitBee began at the beginning.

Device: W1060 SmartQ V7
Wow it comes to page 5 now. i hope some one will find me right here as i have sth interesting to share. i have played with my W1060 for one week and it does nice job on video, internet, now and finally--------EBook/PDF Reader, the W1060 new FW with rotate display feature is available in wirelession website(check out the last one):

http://www.wirelession.com/products_...?cid=100&id=79

after the download there are three files inside:

W1060 FW update instruction
W1060-TF upgrade tool
FW W1060 V1.8d_W2_A_buy before Dec 2009

i have done the installation according to the instruciton, it is very simple and take several minitues. it feel much better as EBook reader to have this rotate display as i like to reader PDF with it. it looks only for the W1060 bought before Dec 2009 so i think if buy after Dec 2009, there will be a new version with sth new.

it is in size 25M and take some time to complete the download!
DigitBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #65
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

@woosted: I think there is. I'll look into it.
@Dvalin21: Yes, it definately can open Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files.

I had the Skyfire browser working, but now its giving me an error. I'll try to work it out.

There is a new firmware for the device today: 1.8d. It can be downloaded from here: http://www.wirelession.com/products_...?cid=100&id=79

The only aspect I've test so far is the screen rotation which works like a dream - we now have full 360 degree rotation! I've used it with Mobipocket as well as just about everything else I've tested before with no problems at all.
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
There is a new firmware for the device today: 1.8d. It can be downloaded from here: http://www.wirelession.com/products_...?cid=100&id=79

The only aspect I've test so far is the screen rotation which works like a dream - we now have full 360 degree rotation! I've used it with Mobipocket as well as just about everything else I've tested before with no problems at all.
This is great news CS! I am downloading now and can't wait to test it all out.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #67
Dvalin21
Zealot

I know that CS will put out a great review after all the testing of the new FW is done. Can't wait to see it
Old 12-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #68
Dvalin21
Zealot

BTW, where is the best and cheapest place to buy the W1060, thats in englisgh?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #69
phuongt
phuongt began at the beginning.

Device: W1060, N770, DELL XT
intergrated mic or line in jack?

Does this device has an integrated mic or a line in jack for microphone. I'm interested in using the device for note taking with a bluetooth keyboard.

Last edited by phuongt; 12-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
phuongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #70
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I'm retired Army living in Phoenix.
Small world CS. somehow I missed this post. I was looking for a post I thought you had reference the W1060 Keyboard. Did you find an alternative to the one included?

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #71
Dvalin21
Zealot

Can someone please post a link as to where i can purchase teh W1060? Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #72
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

Ellen - I have an alternative that is freeware. It is smaller than the standard one by a good amount. I'm not sure if you want one smaller, but if you do, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Dvalin - the only place that sells the W1060 is http://www.wirelession.com. You can find the A81 device at other sellers (which is the same thing without the WireLession logo on it). For example: http://www.eletroworld.cn/ also carries it. Talk to Lencho at WireLession or Alex at Eletroworld. I've purchased things from both companies and both are have always given me excellent customer service. I know for sure the WireLession version is English.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #73
Dvalin21
Zealot

Thanks CS,

So I'm assuming that when i update the FW for it then it will go from Sample to full version? I can care less about having the one with the GPS system in it. Just as long as it has everything else it was spec for. Thanks again
Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #74
valleywest
valleywest began at the beginning.

Device: A81
The A81 from Eletroworld does have a full English version of Windows CE. I bought one last week.
valleywest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #75
woosted
woosted began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi ColdSun, I upgraded the FW and the screen rotation works great.
However i need some help
1. After upgrading the FW the "START" button goes down and is hardly visible. there is also a grey space at the top of screen. Overall it looks like Screen got shifted a little down. Any idea how i could adjust that?
2. The integrated Keyboard after rotation is still large and does not fit in the screen. This makes it little difficult to type in.
woosted is offline   Reply With Quote