Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
agvolant
agvolant began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thumbs down Kobo Glo hangs at 87%

I've a brand new Kobo Glo and am trying, without any success, to add a selection of books from an existing library. At the moment I'm trying to add around 700 books (from a library of approx 4,000). I can view the books happily in iBooks on my iPad and in Calibre.
When I load the books to the Kobo, whether by drag & drop (windows) or Calibre, it starts "Processing Content....", gets to 87% and hangs. I've tried with 500 books, 150 books, 10 books. Same result. I did manage to load 4 books individually, which took approx 3 mins a book so not practical.
Any advice before I junk this 'device' and get a kindle?
agvolant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
My Touch does this when it hits either a corrupt file or a format it doesn't recognize (I forget exactly which.) I've had it freeze on me in the 90 percents twice now and both times I fixed it by hunting down the file it didn't like. Though you saying it froze on your 10 file sample sure would be a coincidence. I could read the files it would hang with Calibre and stand alone reader software fine.

IIRC one was an invalid epub that I opened and then saved out again in Sigil and the other worked after I converted it to epub with Calibre.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
agvolant
agvolant began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Lost my original post... wanted to record my thanks. It turned out that, ironically, the 5th book I was loading was a badly formed EPUB file (so poorly constructed that I gave up trying to fix using Sigil). All loads fine now.
agvolant is offline   Reply With Quote