Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Sassyinkpen
Sassyinkpen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPod Touch
Menu tree under My Files won't stay open?

I tried searching to see if anyone else was having this problem and I didn't see any mention of it.

Most of what I read on my Nook is located under the My Files section - blog posts and other things I save off the internet and put on my Nook to read.

It's all located under "My Files", and then "Documents", and then individual folders dividing the files by category.

Up until this latest update (1.4.1) I would be able to expand each of these folders until I have a list of the files in the category I want showing. Then I could pick one, read it, and when I went back, it all would be sitting there just the way I left it - all folders expanded, and my list of files waiting for me to choose something else.

NOW - every time I finish a file and go back out, it kicks me all the way out to the first "My Files" directory, and I have to work my way back in through the files until I get to where I want to be again.

Why is this happening?! Is it a glitch? Is it some part of the update they thought would be useful?

Is there anyway I can fix it so my folders will all stay open again?
Sassyinkpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
There are alot of different things in this update that people don't like. Mainly the way the N button acts, I don't know if that effects the "My Files".

99% of the people on here that own a Nook Color are rooted and don't have to deal with the My Files or the B&N library if they don't want to
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Sassyinkpen
Sassyinkpen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
There are alot of different things in this update that people don't like. Mainly the way the N button acts, I don't know if that effects the "My Files".

99% of the people on here that own a Nook Color are rooted and don't have to deal with the My Files or the B&N library if they don't want to
If I went ahead and rooted it, do you have any favorite suggestions for an app/program that is best for file management of this type? I'd like to be able to delete files or move them to another folder directly from the Nook without too much screwing around. Anything beyond that is gravy.
Sassyinkpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Once you root it with like CM7 or something like that, ANY android file manager will do that.

Just be aware that if you don't go the Manual Nooter way, you will not have the stock B&N Interface. But you can just load CM7 to an SD card and use it that way without touching the stock system itself.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote