Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Alice Duncan $.99 each (US) [Cozy Mystery] (Amazon/B&N)

First three in this historical cozy mystery series of five reduced from $2.99 to $.99.

Strong Spirits

Quote:
Product Description
Welcome to sunny Pasadena, California, just a stone's throw from Hollywood. The twenties are in full roar, Prohibition isn't stopping anybody . . . and Daisy Gumm Majesty is getting by the best way she knows how--catering to the rich and famous as a medium who put the "con" in conjurer.

But a girl's gotta make a living! If there's one thing I've learned in this life it's that most rich people have more money than sense. My career as a "spiritualist" started the day I pretended Aunt Vi's Ouija board was talking to me and everyone believed it, especially Vi's employer, wealthy old Mrs. Kincaid. Some folks may disapprove, but the way I see it, I'm just dishing out hope to people who need it. Is that so wrong?

According to Detective Sam Rotondo, it is--and now he's blackmailed me into spying on the Kincaids for him. I don't know what he hopes to find out. Any fool could see what's going on in that house: who's in love, who's in trouble, and who's in need of a swift kick in the pants. And if Sam weren't the most irritating, hard-headed man this side of the Pacific, why, I'd give him a private reading--and tell him the spirits have a whole lot more in store for him.
Amazon

B&N

Fine Spirits

Quote:
Product Description
Meet Daisy Gumm Majesty--spiritualist by trade, con artist to the core. There are plenty of scams to be scored in sunny Pasadena, where almost anything goes and Prohibition doesn't even slow a body down.

Taking care of business! I may not really have a sixth sense, but common sense I've got. If rich people want to pay me to commune with ghosts, I'm more than happy to take their money! Of course I knew right away that the phantom "haunting" Mrs. Bissel's basement was quite human, and even had a hunch it might be the missing heiress Marianne Wagner desperately fleeing her unhappy home. So what do I do now?

She needs help. I have to help her. Simple, right? Try telling that to Detective Sam Rotondo. That man is always breathing down my neck. He'd ship the girl back to her horrid papa without blinking an eye. Somehow, I've got to save Marianne, stonewall Sam and still manage to make a living. All in a day's work . . .
Amazon

B&N

High Spirits

Quote:
Product Description
Daisy Gumm Majesty, spiritualist to folks with more money than sense, can scarcely believe that her best client wants her to get her spiritual control, Rolly, to appear at a séance in a speakeasy. Bad enough that Daisy made up Rolly when she was ten, but now Rolly has to perform at a seance for a bunch of murdering gangsters?

When the place is raided, Daisy’s troubles multiply.

Add to the mix Daisy’s nemesis (and her husband’s best friend) Detective Sam Rotondo; Vicenzo Maggiori, leader of the bootlegging racket in the area; and Flossie Mosser, befuddled floozy; and you have a rollicking adventure that Daisy isn’t sure she’s going to survive.
Amazon

B&N

#4, High Spirits, is $2.99 and #5, Genteel Spirits, is not out in ebook format yet. The first four are also available at Sony and Kobo for $2.99 each.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote