Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
sinan
Enthusiast
sinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of itsinan has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Why Kindle Does Not Show Form Tags

I have included original page numbers as anchored links in my ebooks for referencing purposes. And it works as I expected in mobipocket reader.

When I write page number an click go it goes to my anchor.
Code:
<form name="frm1" method="get">
<input name="textbox1" type="text" onclick="document.location.hash=this.value" onchange="document.location.hash=this.value">
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="buttonGo" Value="Go" onclick="document.location.hash=textbox1.value">
</form>
Here is my anchor
Code:
<a name="part1" external="yes"/>
It works perfectly in Mobipocket but Amazon Kindle 3 does not show neither textbox nor submit button. All I see is blank space. I think Kindle ignores form tags completely.
Is there any workaraounds?

I have attached my test files.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Alice_In_Wonderland test.rar (428.3 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by sinan; 06-21-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: File added
sinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Kindle does not support html forms... and it does not support javascript.
Check out the Kindle Publishing Guidelines for a list of the supported html tags.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
form, javascript, kindle 2