Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
javajoe
javajoe began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Can I load amazon or BN books on my 505?

Dear all, im a newbie so apoligies for the dumb question.

Question is if I can load amazon or BN book on my 505? I read somewhere that I need to de-DRM them.......but what is the easiest path for this.....should I go with Amazon or BN?
All I want to do is read, not learn how to be a expert de-DRM'er.
javajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by javajoe View Post
Dear all, im a newbie so apoligies for the dumb question.

Question is if I can load amazon or BN book on my 505? I read somewhere that I need to de-DRM them.......but what is the easiest path for this.....should I go with Amazon or BN?
All I want to do is read, not learn how to be a expert de-DRM'er.
It is certainly easier to de-DRM BN EPUB books because you can then just place them on your Sony reader. Amazon books and BN eReader format books require conversion after de-DRMing which complicates the process slightly. Also, de-DRMing BN EPUB books is a bit easier than eReader/Amazon books.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
javajoe

Hi dmapr, thank you so much for the information!! Cant wait to get going with this.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
javajoe

hi dmapr,

Quick question - which program do you recommend to remove DRM?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by javajoe View Post
hi dmapr,

Quick question - which program do you recommend to remove DRM?
Whatever Google finds for that particular file type — there arent' many to choose from.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert