Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Question Automatically downloads books to main memory AND SD

I use a PRS-600. Even thought I set Calibre to download to main memory only by default, it keeps duplicating all the downloads to my device on both the main memory and the SD card I have in there. I am sure you can all imagine why this won't do for me.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
do you mean news dowloads? those are the only filesit sends automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
do you mean news dowloads? those are the only filesit sends automatically.
I should have clarified. I am sorry. Yes, the News is what does this. The tagging seems to work great and it divides them how I want on my PRS-600. Unfortunately, it puts it on the SD card AND main memory. Is there a way to fix this so that it will only go to the main memory?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

when uploading news calibre uploads to whichever location has more free space, so no, i'm afraid not
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
bakura82
Zealot

Quote:
when uploading news calibre uploads to whichever location has more free space, so no, i'm afraid not
Oh. That's highly unusual. But you imply it chooses the larges destination (in my case, the SD card) and uploads there only. Are you saying it should not be duplicating? If so, how do I stop the duplication? It comes up twice in the eReader because it sees it in main memory AND the SD card.

Thank you.
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It definitely shouldn't be duplicating. are you sure you're not sending it to device manually as well?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
bakura82
Zealot

Quote:
It definitely shouldn't be duplicating. are you sure you're not sending it to device manually as well?
That's a possibility. I didn't realize that it was downloading. I am going to remove them all, fetch and leave it as is as see what happens.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #8
bakura82
Zealot

Quote:
Seems that was the case. I didn't realize it was automatic. And of course, I wanted it in the main memory. So, I put it in the main and Calibre put it on the SD. Go figure. I can't wait until Calibre adds the ability to put the file where one wants.

Thanks!

Tags
download, duplicate, main