Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #286
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771
There is no entry for search info message in defaults.lua - I never thought that someone would need that.
I am amazed at how much you did anticipate without even having a DX, like things with bbox that I didn't even realize I needed until I read about them. 500 pages of code in unireader.lua alone, seems almost superhuman!

People in Europe are buying something like OnyxBoox M92 just to get pdf/djvu functionality Librerator provides on much cheaper DX. It's irreplaceable for people like me who have to read a lot of technical literature and don't want to deal with tons of paper or stare at LCD screens. By the way, I found out about Librerator from Andy Adder's article, who posted in this thread as @playful.

P.S. I doubt that I can write a working program even in Basic, let alone Lua, commenting out lines or pasting prescribed defaults is my limit I am afraid.

Last edited by Jedidiyah; 08-27-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #287
Aj74
Enthusiast
Aj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toysAj74 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm trying to translate.
I need to change only the sentences on the right of =, right?
At the end I have to reinstall Librerator?
Ciao.
Aj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #288
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Exchanging just the changed file is probably the easiest way.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #289
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Be careful while translating strings in lbrstrings.lua regarding bbox feature. Don't translate Seven and Sodd strings directly because of unireader.lua uses not only these translated strings from lbrstrings.lua file, but also hard-coded "even" and "odd" strings. So you could get not functional bbox. You should check unireader.lua as well. Of course, if in your language words "even" and "odd" look different.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #290
boky
boky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
This is great! Thank you very much for creating and putting out Liberator, it hels a great deal when it comes to PDF reading on Kindle 4 NT.

One extremely positive thing that seems not to be mentioned is that highlights created while reading PDF files in Librerator are OK - on same file, highlights/clippings created on Kindle do not contain spaces between words, but Liberator handles them just fine.

Is it possible to export or somehow else save to computer higlights created in Librerator?
boky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #291
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
Can someone help me please? I have a DXG and I installed launchpad, but when I follow the liberator install procedure nothing really happens. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anyway to see if launchpad installed correctly?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #292
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Shift Shift Space

Release the keys between Each Push.
Type the entire combination in under 1 second.

Assuming you have it (launchpad) installed correctly: "Shift Shift Space" will show you the database reloading.

Last edited by twobob; 09-29-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: clarity, and not how winey it is...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #293
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yep, launchpad expects you to be really fast. Or to edit its configuration to be more tolerant.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #294
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
Hi and thanks for the great application!
I've successfully installed on k3g device, but have problems with another.
i ran jailbreak on a low battery, so it said that update won't run. After the charge jailbreak failed. I assumed that it got installed, ran launchpad, then copied the librerator and s-s-i.
I got failure on that.
I've uninstalled lpad and jailbreak, then installed them again. Still I get failure on shift-shift-i.
Could you plz help?
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #295
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

start a new thread. Way offtopic.

EDIT: Well... I guess not completely since you are actually talking about starting this app...
but honestly more generalised tests will probably serve you better initially.

I would go for a new thread entitled "Is my device properly Jailbroken? Apps failing to run..."

Also: your device is listed as "Kindle" it would be helpful to mention which one

well, sorry I can't think of anything more constructive to add.
Hope it works out.

Last edited by twobob; 10-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #296
vangop
vangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-booksvangop has learned how to read e-books

Device: kindle
Sorry if this goes offtopic, have started another thread as suggested.
I have no prior exp with jailbreaking/launchpad/apps, and since installing librerator involves 2 other steps, I have no idea what my issue relates to (jailbreak, lp?)
Also no idea what S-S-i does and if it relates to librerator or JB/LP
vangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #297
twobob

Looking into it now.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #298
boky
boky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
Please tell me if it is possible to export higlights (clippings) created in Librerator?

I cannot find a way to do so, nor file where it saves those highlights.
boky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #299
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
thank you so much for making such a great app. The browsing with the 4-way controller is so useful, finally I have a decent reader for 2-colums pdf. If only the DXG had a faster cpu this would be perfect.

Unfortunately the reflow option makes my kindle crash and restart, even with pdf that are taken directly from scientific journals. What could be the cause of this?
And I also would like to know how to export highlights into the pdf.

Last edited by xxtraloud; 10-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #300
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Reflow mode is almost unusable since it crashes both on pdf and djvu.

Highlights are stored in /librerator/history/ in lua files along with corresponding page numbers and screen coordinates of highlight rectangle. But I don't know a simple way to export it into source pdf file even with help of Big Brother.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader