Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #136
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
With the "Get all contributing authors" option checked I am getting the following error. With the option unchecked everything works as expected.
Code:
calibre, version 0.9.10
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'Arthur Conan Doyle'], u'identifiers': {u'amazon': u'B00AHE20W0', u'isbn': u'9781471127182', u'goodreads': u'17059567'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'The Complete Sherlock Holmes'} 
Using plugins: Goodreads 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1')] 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.35900020599 
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17059567'
Could not find title/authors/goodreads id for u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17059567'
Goodreads: u'17059567' Title: 'The Complete Sherlock Holmes' Authors: None 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 2.42 seconds 
The longest time (2.359000) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #137
John Peterson
John Peterson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Negative publishing year

There's a patch that allow negative publishing years. (That require a proposed calibre patch.)

Last edited by John Peterson; 12-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #138
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Hi,

I'm using Goodreads metadata plugin version 1.1.2 with calibre 0.9.1.

The plugin does seem to ignore the edition language data coming in from goodreads, my local book linked with http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...n-der-ewigkeit always gets switched to "Language: English" upon metadata sync. This happens with other books as well, this one is just the latest example I worked with.

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #139
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@razorsoup - yeah it looks like the website has changed which has broken that scenario. I will push a new version soon.

@hakan42 - this plugin currently does not support the "languages" metadata field which is why you see no value being set for it to German. I will look to add support for this in the next version also.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #140
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix "Get all contributing authors" option
  • Add support for "languages" metadata field
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #141
razorsoup
Enthusiast
razorsoup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@razorsoup - yeah it looks like the website has changed which has broken that scenario. I will push a new version soon.
The new version seems to be working. Thanks for the update.
razorsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #142
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
  • Add support for "languages" metadata field
Thank you for the quick fix, a short test shows that german seems to work (at least with the one book I tested with, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17157187 ).

Turkish seems still to be broken, though. Could you please have a look at the output / parsing for the book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11977940 ?

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #143
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

I am not surprised Turkish isn't working. I forgot to mention above that I only put in support for a handful of languages the same as the Amazon plugin does that I copied code from. Unfortunately it is a bit painful for how you assign languages to books in calibre, as every language name has to be mapped to a "code". So any languages I don't have a mapping in place for won't get handled. And since I don't have a list of languages that Goodreads supports (nor the inclination to spend hours trying to divine them and their associated mappings) it is what it is at the moment.

I can add more languages to it on request, but I don't really want to have to do this frequently. So right now it has mappings for:

English
French
Italian
German
Spanish
Japanese
Portuguese

You have also requested Turkish.

If there are any other languages people want to see supported from the Goodreads site, please post a reply along with a link to an example book on Goodreads that I can test it with. Perhaps in a week or so depending on the rate of replies I will publish an update to the plugin with support for them.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #144
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Hi I would appreciate you help. I would like to create a column that will show which edition of goodreads book I am linked to (ebook, Kindle Edition, Paperback etc.) It's probably really easy I just can't seem to make it work.

Thanks for your help
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #145
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@tarisea - there is no way to do that with this plugin as calibre has no column to contain that information to return it from the plugin.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #146
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

I don't understand. Under Switch Goodreads Edition there is a column for it. Why can't that column translate to a column in your library?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #147
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Because that is a completely different plugin - that is the Goodreads Sync plugin which is a GUI plugin, and does not have the same constraints that the *metadata* Goodreads plugin has, which is this one. Metadata plugins can only download a small finite set of data columns.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #148
tarisea
Zealot

So is there some way this can be done through the Goodreads Sync plugin?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #149
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Not with the current functionality in the plugin, no. In theory it could be possible to extend it to do so. Though it opens up a can of worms I am not sure I want to deal with. Right now Goodreads Sync is about syncing *user data* about a book, not metadata. If I support pulling details like format, what about all the other fields like pages, published, title, authors, description, etc etc... And it would be a one way sync for those fields, obviously you cannot upload them to Goodreads.

Not saying never, just needs some careful thought.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #150
ogcjm
ogcjm began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Firstly, thank you kiwidude for this plugin and the Barnes and Noble plugin! They have made my metadata management much easier!

I registered to post a bug I encountered with the Goodreads plugin. When scraping metadata from a book with many authors, such as this one, the scraping successfully gets all the authors but also includes the "more..." and "less..." text. Just a minor issue that I figured I should report.

Thanks again for your plugins!
ogcjm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata