Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #151
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
I see, kobo start menu doesn't support any suspend, am i right?
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #152
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Correct - no suspend in KSM.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #153
janguv
janguv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi there, I'm a new member here. EDIT: I was a divvy and didn't read the instructions for step 2 fully. No worries!

Last edited by janguv; 05-06-2016 at 03:06 PM.
janguv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #154
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Mesure battery duration for KSM

@thsering
I still use the KSM7 and its perfect.
I didn't updated to KSM8 cause I like the option to change the settings files in the fat32 partition and I don't use Nickel so the db corruption doesn't bother me.

I just started a thread for an updated version of your "Uptime" script that I use with KSM7.

I just wanted to know if you think this could work with KSM8 too or not, so I can warn the KSM8 users at that thread.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #155
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
@thsering
I still use the KSM7 and its perfect.
I didn't updated to KSM8 cause I like the option to change the settings files in the fat32 partition and I don't use Nickel so the db corruption doesn't bother me.

I just started a thread for an updated version of your "Uptime" script that I use with KSM7.

I just wanted to know if you think this could work with KSM8 too or not, so I can warn the KSM8 users at that thread.
Going by your description, I think it shouldl work ons KSM8. One will have to change one or the other path name however. By the way, you did not yet upload your file to the other post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #156
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Going by your description, I think it shouldl work ons KSM8. One will have to change one or the other path name however.
Any correction is appreciated.
Quote:
By the way, you did not yet upload your file to the other post.
Ouououppss!
Just realize that the forum does not support the .7z extension.
Uploaded a zip file.
Thank you for the heads up!
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #157
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

embryo, I put a link to your thread in the first post.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 AM   #158
tshering
Wizard

The next update of KSM 08 will contain an option to log suspend data. As somebody might like to try it already now, I upload a preliminary version of it. The suspend data will be logged, if preventfreeze.sh is running. In the final version, there will be the option to run preventfreeze.sh without or with logging suspend data.

In order to read the log:
(KSM home) "tools" > "explore" > "explore kbmenu.msh" > "log" > "suspend log.txt"

Note: You can enable/disable preventfreeze by setting "[general]preventfreeze" to true or false with the help of "configure." (The default setting is "true.")

Here is a sample log:
Spoiler:
###
2016:05:15_11:32
suspend started: Sun May 15 11:30:47 CEST 2016; duration: 0d:0h:1m:13s
battery before suspend: 100
battery after suspend: 100
start_nickel.sh
nickel
sickel-launcher
###
2016:05:15_11:35
suspend started: Sun May 15 11:34:08 CEST 2016; duration: 0d:0h:0m:55s
reader.lua
###
2016:05:15_11:40
suspend started: Sun May 15 11:35:30 CEST 2016; duration: 0d:0h:4m:33s
launcher
###
2016:05:15_11:44
suspend started: Sun May 15 11:41:48 CEST 2016; duration: 0d:0h:2m:14s

Below the line "battery after suspend: ...", can appear a list of select running processes that could give you a hint which application triggered suspending. In the sample log, the first suspend was triggered by nickel, the second by KOReader, the third by PBChess, the fourth (no processes listed) by KSM. Very short periods of suspension will not be recorded at all.

Note that the time recording is not very precise. But since you are probably interested in longer periods of suspension (hours or days), this should not be a problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KSM08_log_suspend_data.zip (895 Bytes, 221 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-15-2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #159
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Great work tshering. Will this work with shutdowns also? To have complete battery logging?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:54 PM   #160
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Will this work with shutdowns also? To have complete battery logging?
No, it will not work with shutdowns.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:03 AM   #161
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroruit View Post
Hi, tshering. I just installed KSM on my kobo aura h2o.
The thing was sometimes it seems like the screen freezes when I tried to shut down. No matter from power key or the power off icon. I'll have to hold the power key to reboot again.
Most of the time this happens. Just once or twice it shut down successfully and shows the power off image. Also when I tried to shut down by the poweroff icon in NICKEL mode, this happens. However shutting down by holding power key in NICKEL mode works fine.
No idea what's happening here. I did customised poweroff image in txt folder. Don't know if that's related?
I am not sure if I am right, but I think what is happening is that when you power off your device from KSM, the screen remains "sometimes" as it was (for instance showing the KSM home menu) instead of showing the power-off screen. The device is however powered off. Before I do further guesswork, my question would be: Did this happen also before you customised the power-off image? If it did not happen, try another image (with a smaller file size), and see whether this helps.

Just for information. None of the KSM applications listens to key messages. That means the only "regular" way to power off from KSM is via the menu entry "power off." If you press the power off button for 15 or more seconds you force the device to power off. I would use this option only if there is no other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroruit View Post
Oh I just found a message when I tried to shut down while usb connecting to pb: cannot open file: mnt/onboard/.adds/kbmenu_user/txt/poweroff_info

Would this help?
This is expected behavior. Your are not supposed to power off while the device is connected as an usb mass storage.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:16 AM   #162
chithanh112
chithanh112 began at the beginning.

Do you guys have problem with battery life when using KSM and Koreader?
My kobo glo hd had worked very well with nikkel. But after I installed KMS 8 and then Koreader, the battery sometime drained abnormal. I left my device at more than 80% battery, after about 30 minutes, I came back and the battery had decreased to 60%, then to 30% in the next day. I tried to recharge and used nikkle instead of koreader, but it still happened.
Do you have any solution for this problem?
chithanh112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:06 AM   #163
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chithanh112 View Post
Do you guys have problem with battery life when using KSM and Koreader?
My kobo glo hd had worked very well with nikkel. But after I installed KMS 8 and then Koreader, the battery sometime drained abnormal. I left my device at more than 80% battery, after about 30 minutes, I came back and the battery had decreased to 60%, then to 30% in the next day. I tried to recharge and used nikkle instead of koreader, but it still happened.
Do you have any solution for this problem?
I personally had never a problem with battery life on any of my Kobos. But I read several times on this forum about unexpected battery discharging with KSM, and without KSM.
Maybe you should deactivate KSM, and see whether the battery drain in nickel gets back to normal.
You can easily temporarily deactivate KSM completely:
  • extract KoboRoot.tgz from deactivate_ksm08.zip, and copy it to .kobo
  • safely eject and disconnect your reader
  • select (KSM) "handle update files" > "install update" (do not select "install partial update").

If you want to re-activate KSM:
  • extract KoboRoot.tgz from reactivate_ksm08.zip, and copy it to .kobo
Attached Files
File Type: zip deactivate_ksm08.zip (2.9 KB, 213 views)
File Type: zip reactivate_ksm08.zip (3.6 KB, 224 views)
Old 06-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #164
chithanh112
chithanh112 began at the beginning.

Quote:
I personally had never a problem with battery life on any of my Kobos. But I read several times on this forum about unexpected battery discharging with KSM, and without KSM.
Maybe you should deactivate KSM, and see whether the battery drain in nickel gets back to normal.
You can easily temporarily deactivate KSM completely:
  • extract KoboRoot.tgz from deactivate_ksm08.zip, and copy it to .kobo
  • select (KSM) "handle update files" > "install update" (do not select "install partial update").

If you want to re-activate KSM:
  • extract KoboRoot.tgz from reactivate_ksm08.zip, and copy it to .kobo
Thank you. I will try it and let you know the result latter.
I hope the problem can be solved. KSM and koreader are so good and I really want to use them
chithanh112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:55 AM   #165
goonx
goonx began at the beginning.

Device: kodo
Hi,

I installed KSM today but jumped ship and forgot the add the tiles of the PNGS.

When I activate the PNGs, they won't work.. (i.e. poweroff doesn't poweroff the kobo)

Did I do something wrong and how can I fix this? Thanks

Glo HD (latest firmware)
goonx is offline   Reply With Quote