Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 05-10-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
Ronindvm
Ronindvm began at the beginning.

Cookies and NY Times

I don't have any problem getting the cookies to work with Isilo and the NY Times. I can capture the cookies and put them into Isilo and download the pages I need.

The problem that I have is that I have to frequently repeat the procedure. I have tried putting the expiration date of the cookie as the same one the NYT gives me and that doesn't work, I've also tried setting the cookie to not expire and that doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Jon

Nevermind, I think I was forgetting to change ALL the cookies to Send and Receive.

Last edited by Ronindvm; 05-10-2003 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:25 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Glad it worked for you
Old 05-17-2003, 09:30 PM   #3
jzurek
jzurek began at the beginning.

I haven't been here in a few weeks and wondered if anyone got the New York Times to work.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:36 PM   #4
Unregistered
Nameless Being

There is a thread describing how to make it work. It's a little more labor intensive than it used to be but you can get most of the sections you want.

I'm still having problems with my Cookies. It looks like each time I start Isilox, I have to check the "receive cookies" box to make them work. I've made sure to save everything and it still happens. Any ideas?

Jon

Old 05-18-2003, 11:30 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon, are you using the latest iSiloX? I remember one older beta that always cleared the checkmarks for the "send" and "receive" cookies fields.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:15 PM   #6
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Jon (Unregistered),
I can't remember where that thread describing how to make the NY Times work is located; please point me there. I'd like to try it. I've re-installed AvantGo for the NY Times only for the time being and it's not so bad with the .prc file on my card and the Libmail file deleted since I don't sync online--- except that I can't use the full HandEra 330 screen on Avantgo and the text is alittle mushy.

Alexander,
I can't make the Excite NY Times link work which you praised
http://news.excite.com/provider/id/nyt.html
I get lots and lots of pages but cant go to the articles very easily. Please help!

Thanks to you both,
Marty
Old 05-20-2003, 09:51 AM   #7
Ronindvm
Ronindvm began at the beginning.

Today, the thread on the NY Times solution is the next on the list. The webpage it points to is
http://www.msu.edu/user/rothb/palm/nytdoco.html

Enjoy.

Alexander, I think I'm using the most current version but I'll double check. The send box stays checked but the receive keeps getting unchecked. It isn't quite as frustrating now that I've figured it out.

Jon
Old 05-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Yes Jon, that sounds like the bug prevelant in one of the older betas.. try to upgrade to the most recent one.