Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #61
breusser
breusser began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Razr
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.2.2 - 23 Sep 2012
  • Add more standard columns to copy list, add custom columns tab to allow copying, make both scrollable in config dialog.
  • Add options to save the source book title/author/etc to a custom column.
Works like a charm.
breusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #62
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a request for being able to view the contents of each individual file. I had a book the other day I wanted to split and I could not use ePubSplit because there were no usable titles to decide which files were the ones I wanted. I had to use Sigil to do this.
@JSWolf - Try the attached version. It doesn't show you the whole file, but if you hover over the HREF column it will show you the first 1500 chars as a tooltip.

UPDATE - Jan 06 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-06-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #63
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Jim,

This works really nicely. In fact I liked your 'sample' trick so much I decided to steal use it for one of my own personal plugins You learn something new every day, here. Karma to you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #64
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jackie,

I'm happy to be able to pay it forward, as it were--goodness knows I've borrowed enough ideas from other people.

I was kinda waiting to hear back from JSWolf, but I think I'll go ahead and release this as the new version now.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #65
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks for the ePub split!

Just want to thank whoever was involved in the ePub split plugin. I have some omnibus 'Complete Works' books I wanted to read but balked at diving into, and an afternoon spent splitting them into their individual books was well-spent and has given these books new life for me. Thanks!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #66
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Just want to thank whoever was involved in the ePub split plugin. I have some omnibus 'Complete Works' books I wanted to read but balked at diving into, and an afternoon spent splitting them into their individual books was well-spent and has given these books new life for me. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #67
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much for this plugin. It's great for omnibus. And the last improvement, showing text in the selected file, works like a charm.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #68
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Glad you like it. :-)
Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #69
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Testing a problem with this PI's imports in the 64bit version of calibre.

UPDATE - Jan 06 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-06-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #70
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Select a cover?

First of all, great plugin...just found it and it worked great on the first book I've tried it on so far...

I do have on request, rather than just copy/not copy the existing cover, how about a way to tag an existing section other than the one named "Cover" as the section to use as the cover of the split off epub?

With the one book I used it on so far, I had the following HREF sections:
Cover
SuperTOC
III_Cover
III_TitlePage
<snip>
IV_Cover
IV_TitlePage
<snip>

I expect not all omnibus editions will be like that, but for the ones that are, being able to select the cover would save me from having to update it manually after the fact.

Thank you!

Last edited by charles_cinci; 01-01-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: correct typo
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #71
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cinci View Post
I do have on request, rather than just copy/not copy the existing cover, how about a way to tag an existing section other than the one named "Cover" as the section to use as the cover of the split off epub?
Epub covers are, unfortunately, not all that straight forward. Some readers require certain file naming conventions, metadata setting, only jpgs, etc. It's a bunch of extra functionality that already exists in other places that I'd rather not reinvent or appropriate.

I would suggest that you include the sub-covers as the first section of each split book, then use calibre's built-in 'set cover from ebook' feature followed by the Modify Epub plugin's 'Insert or replace cover' feature. Both of these can be done on batches of books at once.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #72
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
Your plugin works great. Glad I waited to discover it until you had the "hover" feature set up. I've found that feature quite handy.
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #73
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I am a complete layman when it comes to understanding how calibre and the various plug-ins work, so I hope my question isn't dumb and that any answers will be given in "for dummies" language

My question: My device is Kindle so the vast majority of my files are mobi and azw (and those variations). Will epubsplit work on those files and if so, do I need to convert to epub, split then reconvert back to mobi?

If this question has been asked and answered, my apologies!
Yes
EPUB split, splits.... (wait for it) .... EPUB

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
There was no guarantee that the plugin would work on converted epubs., hence my question.

Thanks anyway for kindly answering.
Of course it works on a converted ePub. ePubSplit works on ePub.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I am a complete layman when it comes to understanding how calibre and the various plug-ins work, so I hope my question isn't dumb and that any answers will be given in "for dummies" language

My question: My device is Kindle so the vast majority of my files are mobi and azw (and those variations). Will epubsplit work on those files and if so, do I need to convert to epub, split then reconvert back to mobi?

If this question has been asked and answered, my apologies!
You have three choices to get the plugin to work for you.

1. You can ditch the Kindle, buy an ePub capable reader and buy ePub format eBooks
2. You can convert your Kindle eBooks to ePub (you should use the KindleUnpack plugin to go AZW3 (KF8) > ePub) then use the plugin to split and convert back.
3. You can buy all of your eBooks in ePub and convert for the Kindle.

Those are your choices

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Removed user name from quote as it is no longer in service.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote