Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #211
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
This IS the English firmware.
I have just updated my reader and it remembers your language choice, so your English user interface or whatever language you are using will be preserved together with all your settings. All updates contain all languages.

Just the Readme file and changelog and other files are only in Russian and German, but that is OK. English speaking users have ALWAYS been considered a [distant] third-rate users anyways ... sigh ...
Actually it's kinda refreshing after always getting cheaper prices and first crack at all the hot gadgets and content. Keeps us from getting too complacent.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #212
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Okidoki, I will do that when the English firmware come out. Thanks for the reply.
PB302
http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-302/

PB301+
http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-301/

PB360
http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-360/
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #213
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Those files are not the June 14th version that was announced a few posts above.
And the link on the PB360 page gives me a 404 error.
Quote:
404 Not Found
The requested URL /download/fw/15.2/swupdate_09Jun2010_360_wg_ws_15_2.zip was not found on this server.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #214
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Those files are not the June 14th version that was announced a few posts above.
And the link on the PB360 page gives me a 404 error.
Excuse me, tomorrow will be corrected.

Quote:
Just the Readme file and changelog and other files are only in Russian and German, but that is OK. English speaking users have ALWAYS been considered a [distant] third-rate users anyways ... sigh ...
You are wrong, for us English users are just as important as everyone else, just so long as our English colleagues are not as many views on the forum and the support team, as German or Russian. But this problem, we will soon be resolved and are now looking for people willing to help us in this.

Last edited by Forkosigan; 06-15-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #215
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I installed the version 15.2 that mtravellerh provided just posts ago.

Nope. No good for my PB360. I get the same problem I described in post #160 in this thread: My reader crashes (in whichever reader I am in, FBreader180 or Adobe) and I can not open that particular reader (in this case, I was reading an epub book in Adobe, after it crashed and went back to the main menu, I could no longer open Adobe).

Fortunately, I was able to re-set it this time, without having to do the hard reset back to factory specs.

I immediately went back to version 14.2, which had been operating fine for the past week with ZERO crashes/bugs.

I hope everyone else has better luck - but right now, you couldn't pay me enough to try 15.2 again ... ever. Guess I'll wait until 15.3, or later...

The good news is that version 14.2 is rock solid for me and [so] I am STILL enjoying the heck out of my PB360.

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #216
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I installed it last night and it crashed within 10 minutes. Took me out of my book (a html file in FBReader), rebooted and took me to the main menu. The same as the original version of 15.2. It did, however, remember my last bookmark, so that's an improvement.

It could be my imagination, but page turns seemed a bit faster too, which could only be a good thing.

I don't use ADE at all, so I can't comment on that.

I'll keep using it for a couple of days and see how I go. If the crashes are as persistent as the previous version of 15.2 I'll be downgrading to 14.2.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:51 AM   #217
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Previous version of 15.2 did not have a single glitch for me.
This last version from June the 14th restarted itself in the middle of book 20 minutes after update.
The book was some 400KB html file, reading application was FBReader180 v. 0.9.2.
After the application was restarted I found myself on the same page where I started to read the last time and I was able to page-forward through page where the reader restarted itself. In other words the bug is not reproducible (at the moment). I will pay close attention so I could help GiK to resolve the issue. I am not going back to 14.2, because th 15.2 has too many improvements.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:49 AM   #218
kacir
Wizard

Request for build number for firmware.

There are quite a few different versions of 15.2 firmware available at the moment, and I have got a feeling that we will see a few more yet.
Even now it is difficult to communicate what version you have. It is also impossible for user to determine what version he has just by looking at the "about device" screen in Settings menu.

I would like to see a build number attached to an install file and the same build number displayed at the "about device" screen.

Something like:
Firmware version EB101.15.2 build 12345
or perhaps
Firmware version EB101.15.2 build 10.06.15
Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #219
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:

Something like:
Firmware version EB101.15.2 build 12345
or perhaps
Firmware version EB101.15.2 build 10.06.15
Agreed. While I am pretty sure I have the right firmware...you can't be sure.

I installed the latest version (hopefully lol said June14 on it). And it seems to be rock solid for me so far. I haven't had a single problem and I have read a couple hundred pages on this version so far.

The only odd thing I find is every firmware I have used since 14.2 hasn't allowed me to switch dictionaries. As in going to the dictionaries through main menu. When I hit the "hold next button to choose dictionary" it either takes me back to the main menu or flashes and brings up the same dictionary but without the text "hold next button to choose dictionary". Not sure what this is about. I rarely go directly into the dictionaries and I can switch dictionaries inside a book so its not something I have spent much time on. But I do know that it worked properly in 14.2 but hasn't in any other firmware. One of these days I am going to have to figure it out. Normally things not operating properly drive me nuts even if its something I don't use or rarely use. But I have been able to bury it in some random hidden brain cells so its been ok. Now I have to stuff it back in there since I let it out.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #220
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Agreed. While I am pretty sure I have the right firmware...you can't be sure.

I installed the latest version (hopefully lol said June14 on it). And it seems to be rock solid for me so far. I haven't had a single problem and I have read a couple hundred pages on this version so far.

The only odd thing I find is every firmware I have used since 14.2 hasn't allowed me to switch dictionaries. As in going to the dictionaries through main menu. When I hit the "hold next button to choose dictionary" it either takes me back to the main menu or flashes and brings up the same dictionary but without the text "hold next button to choose dictionary". Not sure what this is about. I rarely go directly into the dictionaries and I can switch dictionaries inside a book so its not something I have spent much time on. But I do know that it worked properly in 14.2 but hasn't in any other firmware. One of these days I am going to have to figure it out. Normally things not operating properly drive me nuts even if its something I don't use or rarely use. But I have been able to bury it in some random hidden brain cells so its been ok. Now I have to stuff it back in there since I let it out.
Press the large upper key to hide the keyboard, then press and hold the large upper key and it brings the menu to switch dicts.

Last edited by Schnitzelbrain; 06-16-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #221
Forkosigan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
PocketBook is very sorry that there are so many stability problems with the 360° firmware. It is very hard to find such bugs, as the programmers among you may very well know. Right now, our guys are trying their best to identify the problem and find a solution. We hope to provide a solution next week.

If this should not be possible, we have decided to build a new version of the software from scratch, this meaning that the new version 15.3 will not be based on the older version but build from the ground. We will try to make this new version available by beginning of July. Our sincerest apologies to everybody who has had problems with the firmware.

The software is VERY stable in both 301+ and 302 models, only the 360° version is afflicted with the aforementioned stability problems.

MTH

PR and Sales Manager PocketBook
Old 06-16-2010, 12:25 PM   #222
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
I would like to see a build number attached to an install file and the same build number displayed at the "about device" screen.
YES! Or update the version number, eg 15.2.1, 15.2.2, etc. Whichever works better for the BEIK (Build Engineers In Kiev).

Software versioning is not a new problem, it's disappointing that we're running into this problem in 2010
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #223
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Originally Posted by mtravellerh: PocketBook is very sorry that there are so many stability problems with the 360° firmware. It is very hard to find such bugs, as the programmers among you may very well know. Right now, our guys are trying their best to identify the problem and find a solution. We hope to provide a solution next week.

mtravellerh (and the Gang in Kiev) - I am not a programmer. I am a mere user. I can only imagine the frustration in trying to figure out why an upgrade works for some and not for others.

I just want to say "thanks" for the awesome device that is the Pocketbook 360°. Yes, I am staying at 14.2 for now ... but IMNSHO - my PB360 is my purchase of the decade. I continue to marvel at how well this little thing does what I want to do: Read. Books!

Good luck.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #224
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Press the large upper key to hide the keyboard, then press and hold the large upper key and it brings the menu to switch dicts.
Thats what I do.

I press the key and keyboard disappears. Then I press the key again and everything disappears but the title of the dictionary across the top. There is nothing to choose. Nor can I go back to the dictionary from there. I have to go back to the main menu and go back into dictionary to bring the dictionary back up.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #225
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Thats what I do.

I press the key and keyboard disappears. Then I press the key again and everything disappears but the title of the dictionary across the top. There is nothing to choose. Nor can I go back to the dictionary from there. I have to go back to the main menu and go back into dictionary to bring the dictionary back up.
How many dictionaries do you have. Could it be that there is only one. Dumb question, I know, but it sure sounds like it.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote