Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
NichePublisher
NichePublisher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Formatting for uploading to Ibookstore

Hi everyone. I have a large selection of backlist titles which I am in the process of converting into ebook format. Kindle is easy - I generate an html file and then use mobi pocket creator to make a prc file. It uploads without any problem onto Amazon.

Problem is I cannot find anyway to generate an epub file (either from the prc or original html) which will be acceptable to Apple. Calibre creates epubs which are fine on readers I use on the PC but the Ibookstore rejects them. I know there are companies that will sort this out but I'd rather do it myself.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thx
NichePublisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Just open them with Sigil, which has a built-in ePub checker, check for errors and then fix whatever errors are being displayed.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert