Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Darkitow
Enthusiast
Darkitow doesn't litterDarkitow doesn't litterDarkitow doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Problem with spanish characters

Hi there!

I have a problem with a spanish text. I've used Book Designer and Mobipocket Creator to turn many texts into decent files for my Kindle, but till now they all were in english. When I tried to open the text file directly with Book Designer, it changed some accents and "ñ's" for other characters, making the text pretty much ilegible. I though I "solved" it by copy&pasting the text directly in a blank BD file (this time spanish characters were fine), but when I finished formatting the text, saved the html file and opened it with the browser to check if it was alright, this time I had some dots and comas changed for weird symbols again.

This time I used the search feature in the Wordpad to directly fix the signs and when I opened the file in the browser it looked all fine again...

... but then, after getting everything done with the Mobipoket Creator, everything was wrong AGAIN like in the first time I tried (the text showed spanish characters wrong like when I opened the file in the BD).

I've noticed that in Wordpad all spanish characters are written like a weird code, but I don't know how should I handle this. Any idea?
Darkitow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
blanca_luz
blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle DXi-Touch-Keyboard-FireHD; Nook Touch Glowlight; Sony PRS-T1...
Make sure you have "Spanish" selected in Book Language (Settings).
Then you can open any (supported) file in BD, as you usually do.

I am spanish, and I've been using BD for a long time. No problem at all.

Good Luck.
blanca_luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert