Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Wrist/neck strap for safety

I'd been considering getting my hands on a lanyard or two to try and rig something to protect my Cybook from falling and being damaged if I were to doze off or simply get clumsy while reading it. I was thinking in terms of stitching a strap to the case and securing something over the top of the Cybook so that it couldn't slide out - until I happened to examine the Cybook itself more closely. It already has a wriststrap post in the lower left corner! Wow, that makes things easy! Now the only thing is to find a strap that's sturdy enough to handle it; I'm not too sure that the standard lanyards used for conventions, etc. would be trustworthy. I was thinking that the replacement neck/wrist straps sold for compact digital cameras should be sufficient for the task and planning a trip to Black's Photography until...

A very timely item from Jake Ludington's newsletter landed in my inbox:

http://www.jakeludington.com/photogr...era_strap.html

$12.99 plus shipping to Canada may make this a bit pricey but it's sure a heck of a lot cheaper than a broken ebook reader! I'll still check at Black's Photo, just in case there's something significantly cheaper that's suitable or simply more readily available, but I rather like the apparent sturdiness of the CamLeash/GameLeash.

Anybody know whether the Sony Reader models (both the 500 and the 505) have a wrist strap post like the Cybook?
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They do, both of them. I've been using a wrist lanyard on my 500 for 14+ months now.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
They do, both of them. I've been using a wrist lanyard on my 500 for 14+ months now.
Oh, great! I've got one of each coming for other family members (used Sonys off eBay were one heck of a lot more affordable than a couple more Cybooks would have been!). I'll definitely want something to provide some anti-dropping protection for all three devices. The TV remote is pretty tough but even it can only handle my dad dozing off and dropping it so many times before it gives up; I doubt that any eInk device would handle the drop to a bare wood floor even once.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not just use a piece of string?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why not just use a piece of string?
Barbarian!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert