Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
joikd
joikd began at the beginning.

Device: 1150
Windows doesn't recognize USB device

I've tried installing and uninstalling three different USB drivers. None of them work--Windows never recognizes my 1150.

Any ideas?
joikd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
USB driver

Did you download the driver from the ebookwise.com website?

http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...Bdrivers&si=43

Next step, make sure you have your eb 1150 hooked up to the USB cord, and is OFF. Then turn it ON, this seems to work best for me.

Did you activate using the phone cord? I could not figure out how to do that without using the phone cord they provided. Luckily my parents have a LAN line, cause I use a cell phone only.

When your EB 1150 is hooked up your computer won't have it show up as it would a normal USB device. Particularly if you are used to using USB flash drives. I believe it shows up as a modem type device?

Hopefully this helps!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
joikd

Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you wrote. As soon as I turn on the reader, a little message balloon pops up on the system tray that says "USB device not recognized". This occurs even though the radio tower (no waves) is displayed in the system tray.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Did you try all the USB ports? I know some people were having recognition problems with the Cybook early on, and had to find a good (usable) port.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did exactly as you wrote. As soon as I turn on the reader, a little message balloon pops up on the system tray that says "USB device not recognized". This occurs even though the radio tower (no waves) is displayed in the system tray.

Any other ideas?
Which version of Windows are you running? And are you plugging into a motherboard USB port, or a port on a hub?

The Windows popup seems to indicate it sees something on the port, but doesn't know what.

Yuo might also right-click on the My Computer icon, select Properties, choose the Hardware tab, and click the Device Manager button. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers list to see what Windows thinks is connected.

Offhand, it sounds like the driver didn't successfully install.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
joikd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
Did you try all the USB ports? I know some people were having recognition problems with the Cybook early on, and had to find a good (usable) port.
Bingo! That did it! I guess it didn't like my front ports.

Thanks everyone!