Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Cool After you have read an ebook...

Do you mark the book as read? Is there a way to mark a book as read so it shows as so in the library display?
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I just delete it the next time I connect my Gen3 to my PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I move it to a .read folder. When I start using OpenInk I will use a folder name that is visible so I can navigate to my read books.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I move it to a .read folder. When I start using OpenInk I will use a folder name that is visible so I can navigate to my read books.
To expand on Tommy's meaning, the Gen3 runs Linux, and any file or folder name starting with a "." is, by default, invisible. If, therefore, you move books to a folder whose name starts in ".", they'll disappear from the library view.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I just leave it there... I still know which books I have read
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Same as HarryT: delete it.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Me, I always go to the Library, highlight the ebook in question and then press the Delete button on the left edge of the Cybook. That removes the ebook and it's two associated files.

Oh! Wait! That's in my fantasy dream! Yes, after more than one year of Cybook ownership - with the Delete button hanging out there on the left edge of each Cybook and Netronix EB-100 I own - I *STILL* cannot use this button to do what it was *designed* to do! (And it would be such a simple feature to add.)
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I delete it off my device, but I keep backups on my computer and have a 'read' folder there.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #9
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
I delete it from my Sony, then the next time I'm on my PC, I move the file from the main directory tree to the "AlreadyRead" tree.
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #10
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Might be nice to have a "used" version of the image that is displayed for each book on the library screen. Bit like a pbook after it had been read, and possibly got wet after reading in the bath.

How can I change the image displayed for an ebook on the Cybook?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I see no reason to delete it or make it invisible. I'm sure I can remember which book I've read or not . Sure, as your library grows it will start to be an hassle to scroll through pages and pages of books, even with the 20 books/page option. But that will only be true when my collection surpasses the 500 books mark or something.

That "." trick... Is there something similar, but that would make all read books appear in the last pages? The books are organized alphabetically in general, or per folder?

If I make this directory tree:

1 - Unread
2 - Read

All books in the "1 - Unread" folder would be displayed first?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
If I make this directory tree:

1 - Unread
2 - Read

All books in the "1 - Unread" folder would be displayed first?
If you set the library to "sort by file path", then yes, that's correct.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I just leave the book at the last page and bookmark it there, as well. Not a help from the library screen, but it's a reminder if I open the book thinking it's unread to tell I've already finished it.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
How can I change the image displayed for an ebook on the Cybook?
ashalan has made a wonderfull program to make cybook covers for your books.
I hope this link works:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=3
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:05 AM   #15
peterbbb
BoyReader

Fantastic. Thanks, does almost what I want. But will allow me to alter the image as desired.

The only changes would be to be able to edit the actual image that resides on the SD card itself. Actually for what I want two amendments - one would put "read" across the image; the second would amend the image a little, slightly crinkle it, just like a pbook that is being read.