Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #31
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I am sure many will love this, but I think like a patio, a tablet must be a minimum size to get any real use by the average Joe. I think a ten inch screen is the smallest that will offer any practical use for the average person.

With most smartphones doing everything a tablet can and then some, the double sized screen doesn't do enough to overcome the redundancies of capabilities.

I would be much more intrigued If google can get to market with a 10 inch tablet at $200 or less.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #32
tango7
fully engaged
tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
I am sure many will love this, but I think like a patio, a tablet must be a minimum size to get any real use by the average Joe. I think a ten inch screen is the smallest that will offer any practical use for the average person.

With most smartphones doing everything a tablet can and then some, the double sized screen doesn't do enough to overcome the redundancies of capabilities.

I would be much more intrigued If google can get to market with a 10 inch tablet at $200 or less.
Christmas 2013 yes
tango7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
Christmas 2013 yes
That... may be too little, too late.
The original Fire took up 22% of the android tablet market in barely 6 months--give the FireHD9 and NookHD+ a whole year and they just might carve up the 9-10in Android tablet market between the two.
Google had better have an answer by CES 2013, at the latest, if they want a say in the larger Android tablet market; otherwise the forked ecosystems will run away unchallenged.
Better a Nexus 9 at $299 in 2012 than $199 in 2013.
Time is the pressing factor now.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #34
tennoel
Enthusiast
tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tennoel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-300
Not everyone wants a 10in. I returned an iPad I got as a gift. It's too big for me to carry in most of my purses.
tennoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennoel View Post
Not everyone wants a 10in. I returned an iPad I got as a gift. It's too big for me to carry in most of my purses.
Yes, when it comes to portability, 7" is the sweet spot.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #36
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Yes, when it comes to portability, 7" is the sweet spot.
Yes one of my female friends only a few days ago was saying that 7'' inches hits her sweet spot too

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #37
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Yes one of my female friends only a few days ago was saying that 7'' inches hits her sweet spot too
I see what you did there.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #38
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I keep remaking my Christmas gift list.
I'm both naughty and nice. You should send me two.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #39
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Would that be 7 inches square? That is one remarkable female, completely out of my league.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Would that be 7 inches square? That is one remarkable female, completely out of my league.
Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway....
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #41
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Wow. I didn't realize the elementary schools were already on Fall break.

What's the average age of people posting in this thread lately, 12? Sheesh.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #42
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Some more leaks about the rumored 32GB version here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #43
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
You dirty dog, you!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Some more leaks about the rumored 32GB version here.
Sure hope so. If they price the 32GB at $249, I'll probably get it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #45
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Wow. I didn't realize the elementary schools were already on Fall break.

What's the average age of people posting in this thread lately, 12? Sheesh.
You're being generous.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote