Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #46
sunlifeng
Enthusiast
sunlifeng doesn't littersunlifeng doesn't litter

Device: Kindle touch,EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammerer View Post
and more...
The small block is last paragraph of big block . Black part is empty .

I did some dirty code in RenderThread Get the right pic to eink screen but lost the rotate . It's middle night in my area, so bye now zzZZZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120312-00098.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	83805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120312-00100.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	83806  
sunlifeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
kammerer
Connoisseur
kammerer doesn't litterkammerer doesn't litter

Device: nook
and one more with scrollbars)
kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
strange, no change for me in version 8, same dimensions, no scroll-bars
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #49
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

to me the problem seems to be that in the current implementation, what appears on the e-ink side is a scaled down mirror of what appears on the lcd side,

in the successful implementations for others readers, the image does not entirely fit on the lcd side but goes beyond it both in width and in height ... hope this helps, thanks for still trying ....
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
I make experimental build of Orion Viewer to display djvu and pdf on eDGe eink screen, all options and menu on lcd, download _edge_ build from http://code.google.com/p/orion-viewer/downloads/list
This is very cool. Real developer dawned at egde

I pulled source with intent to build and debug myself, but was surprised not to find build.xml on top level. I do not use eclipse, but I remember eclipse also use some sort of xml project file. So, ugh, what am I missing? How do you build this thing?
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #51
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
This is very cool. Real developer dawned at egde

I pulled source with intent to build and debug myself, but was surprised not to find build.xml on top level. I do not use eclipse, but I remember eclipse also use some sort of xml project file. So, ugh, what am I missing? How do you build this thing?
You can use eclipse create a build.xml for it. And add all source to eclipse it also work , I will upload a clone of this .
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #52
kammerer
Connoisseur

I added build.xml

About rendreing:
I try to set view on lcd with same size as eink screen - so i add scrollbars to view on lcd side (see onSetContentView method of http://code.google.com/p/orion-viewe...dgeDevice.java)
Also in EdgeFB constructor (http://code.google.com/p/orion-viewe...dgeDevice.java) I calculate size of eink screen - maybe it wrong?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #53
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
I added build.xml
Did not work for me with this build.xml. Does not even try to compile code, fails with resources compilation. Maybe I should bite a bullet and install eclipse...

Code:
/e/dev/Android/orion-viewer> ant debug -f "build.xml"
Buildfile: /e/dev/Android/orion-viewer/build.xml

-set-mode-check:

-set-debug-files:

-set-debug-mode:

-debug-obfuscation-check:

-setup:
Gathering info for orion_viewer...
Android SDK Tools Revision 16
Project Target: Android 2.2
API level: 8

------------------
Resolving library dependencies:
No library dependencies.

------------------

WARNING: Attribute minSdkVersion in AndroidManifest.xml (3) is lower than the project target API level (8)

-build-setup:
Creating output directories if needed...

-pre-build:

-code-gen:
----------
Handling aidl files...
No AIDL files to compile.
----------
Handling RenderScript files...
No RenderScript files to compile.
----------
Handling Resources...
Generating resource IDs...
/e/dev/Android/orion-viewer/res/layout/nook_file_manager.xml:40: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'always_landscape' in package 'universe.constellation.orion.viewer'
/e/dev/Android/orion-viewer/res/layout/nook_file_manager.xml:46: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'always_landscape' in package 'universe.constellation.orion.viewer'
/e/dev/Android/orion-viewer/res/layout/nook_help.xml:24: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'always_landscape' in package 'universe.constellation.orion.viewer'
/e/dev/Android/orion-viewer/res/layout/nook_help.xml:30: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'always_landscape' in package 'universe.constellation.orion.viewer'

BUILD FAILED
/e/dev/Android/android-sdk-linux_x86/tools/ant/build.xml:560: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/e/dev/Android/android-sdk-linux_x86/tools/ant/build.xml:589: null returned: 1

Total time: 2 seconds
Process ant exited with code 1
Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #54
kammerer
Connoisseur

You also need 3d party library: http://code.google.com/p/themissingtabwidget/
to build from sources.
You not need nook xml files: so just remove "always_landscape" property from it.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #55
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist

eink works well

Ok, I managed to build it and installed on my EE. The eink works perfectly for me, I would say, I tried with a couple of djvu books. It does require tweaking of zoom a bit for each individual book, but I did not see any artifacts - see attached photo. I did not do any changes for edge code. Will try this night on pocket model.

Thanks to the author, very nice program this orion reader!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00108.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	83872  
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #56
fekhner
Addict

Looks great ! I would be very grateful for apk or detailed instructions ....
Old 03-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #57
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
Looks great ! I would be very grateful for apk or detailed instructions ....
Well, since I have not got to changing code for anything, I decided just to try pre-built apk from project page (orion_viewer_0.27.4_edge_eink_beta.apk). And indeed it worked the same way as my own built - it display both pdf and djvu files correctly on both eink and lcd.

The page fits differently on two screens, but that should not be a problem. The program correctly fits page of pdf file into eink screen by itself. The djvu files that I tried had different page sizes inside single document, in general program fit width of djvu's into eink screen which resulted in bottom of the page outside the view port, the program brought bottom portion of page into view on page turn.

Zoom works well, although the values are not intuitive, but it is easy to adjust it with trial and error, so djvu's can quickly be brought to full page view on eink.

Rotation works correctly as well: pressing rotate button on edge rotates only lcd screen but not eink, selecting rotate in program menu rotates both screens.

I also tried it on Pocket Edge, and it works there as well, in an identical way.

All in all very impressive debut on Edge. Now if native eink buttons could be handled for navigation, and some facility for turning off back-light would be added, I'd say the program would be ready for prime-time.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #58
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
Well, since I have not got to changing code for anything, I decided just to try pre-built apk from project page (orion_viewer_0.27.4_edge_eink_beta.apk). And indeed it worked the same way as my own built - it display both pdf and djvu files correctly on both eink and lcd.

The page fits differently on two screens, but that should not be a problem. The program correctly fits page of pdf file into eink screen by itself. The djvu files that I tried had different page sizes inside single document, in general program fit width of djvu's into eink screen which resulted in bottom of the page outside the view port, the program brought bottom portion of page into view on page turn.

Zoom works well, although the values are not intuitive, but it is easy to adjust it with trial and error, so djvu's can quickly be brought to full page view on eink.

Rotation works correctly as well: pressing rotate button on edge rotates only lcd screen but not eink, selecting rotate in program menu rotates both screens.

I also tried it on Pocket Edge, and it works there as well, in an identical way.

All in all very impressive debut on Edge. Now if native eink buttons could be handled for navigation, and some facility for turning off back-light would be added, I'd say the program would be ready for prime-time.
It work perfect now. I pull the new source ,build again.

Last edited by sunlifeng; 03-14-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: It work perfect now
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #59
kammerer
Connoisseur

What keycodes are for edge buttons?
(It possible to obtain it via Key Manager in Orion menu: map all keys).
Old 03-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #60
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist

Quote:
What keycodes are for edge buttons?
(It possible to obtain it via Key Manager in Orion menu: map all keys).
No, those keys do not go to android and are not registered with orion key binder. They are available under one of /dev/event* though, I believe. javese uses them in his programs. Here is one post discussing inputs on edge.