Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Perfect Fit, Zipper cover! (picture here)

Levenger Compact Circa Zip Folio.
The inside dimensions are perfect, it's like it was made for the Cybook. This allowas me to zip it up and toss it in my purse or backpack.

And some of the colors are on sale cheap, even 2 of them on Ebay.

It is really no thicker than it needs to be. Then only thing I'd change is having the hinge at the top.

I just used two strips of velcro that don't interfere with the reset, battery door, or label on the back. The same Velcro they use on PDAs.

Gladtobemom
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Now did you have to do anything difficult to remove the ring notebook? Or does it just slide out? It's hard to tell from the photos on eBay.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
kati42
kati42 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Now did you have to do anything difficult to remove the ring notebook? Or does it just slide out? It's hard to tell from the photos on eBay.
It would just slide out. The notebook is not physically attached - it's plastic cover just slides into a pocket on these.
kati42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur

There are no rings to remove.

There are no rings to remove. Nothing has to be modified.

I really mean it. The notebook that comes with it is just slid in a pocket.

Just put the velcro in and Voila, perfect fit.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
There are no rings to remove. Nothing has to be modified.

I really mean it. The notebook that comes with it is just slid in a pocket.

Just put the velcro in and Voila, perfect fit.
It looks great! And when I can AFFORD that kind of money, I'll give it a try. But living on a fixed (Social Security Disability) income means these things must be budgeted. ;-)

Derek
Old 04-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur

Levenger put the Zipper Cover on SALE cheap!

Levenger put the

Compact Circa Zip Folio on sale for 24.95

in Toffee (light brown), Cranberry, Eggplant, and Forest Green

http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...=6207|Link=Img
I've been using it for a while now and am still incredibly pleased. I can zip and toss it in my tote bag or purse. Also, It fits in my raincoat's inner pocket for spring.

DH has the Forest Green on his, I have Eggplant and we can instantly tell them apart too.

Gladtobemom
Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Levenger put the

Compact Circa Zip Folio on sale for 24.95

in Toffee (light brown), Cranberry, Eggplant, and Forest Green

http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...=6207|Link=Img
I've been using it for a while now and am still incredibly pleased. I can zip and toss it in my tote bag or purse. Also, It fits in my raincoat's inner pocket for spring.

DH has the Forest Green on his, I have Eggplant and we can instantly tell them apart too.

Gladtobemom
It *is* a Levenger. Which is why I'll probably buy one. But my first thought upon reading your post was, "Great! And it's just $10 MORE than the Fellowes Travel Folio from the Target online store."

Derek
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur

An important difference

OK $25 isn't "cheap", but it is a good deal for a well made item that fits perfectly.

The important differences between this and using a "junior pad" case

1--this one FITS like a glove. Just enough extra space, evenly distributed, to make you feel that iff you dropped it--the edge would take most of the shock.

2--It fits in a BDU pocket. The Compact was sized specifically to fit in a BDU thigh pocket (Battle Daily Uniform) which is incredibly handy for also fitting into my coat pocket or my husband's coat pocket. It just fits in more places. I usually wear an apron around the house and it fits in that pocket too. DH says it will fit pretty much anywhere a TV guide or Reader's Digest would fit (he used to carry around a Reader's Digest just because it fit in his pocket).

3--The Zipper zips both ways and it is very well made. Levenger will stand behind ANY of their stuff. I reurned a folio that was coming unstitched at the zipper 4 years after I bought it. They didn't have the same color anymore but they replaced it with the same item and gave me a choice of colors.

And yes--I tried it in a BDU pocket.

Gladtobemom
Old 04-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
OK $25 isn't "cheap", but it is a good deal for a well made item that fits perfectly.

The important differences between this and using a "junior pad" case

1--this one FITS like a glove. Just enough extra space, evenly distributed, to make you feel that iff you dropped it--the edge would take most of the shock.

2--It fits in a BDU pocket. The Compact was sized specifically to fit in a BDU thigh pocket (Battle Daily Uniform) which is incredibly handy for also fitting into my coat pocket or my husband's coat pocket. It just fits in more places. I usually wear an apron around the house and it fits in that pocket too. DH says it will fit pretty much anywhere a TV guide or Reader's Digest would fit (he used to carry around a Reader's Digest just because it fit in his pocket).

3--The Zipper zips both ways and it is very well made. Levenger will stand behind ANY of their stuff. I reurned a folio that was coming unstitched at the zipper 4 years after I bought it. They didn't have the same color anymore but they replaced it with the same item and gave me a choice of colors.

And yes--I tried it in a BDU pocket.

Gladtobemom
You make a good point about 'dropping' it. Yes, we all know that one should never drop a Cybook, (And I gave a vivid real-life example which cost me my Cybook, ultimately.) but stuff happens. I've actually dropped the latest Cybook - while in it's Fellowes Travel Folio - about 1-1/2 feet, maybe 2 feet, and it's survived quite nicely due to all the padding.

But it doesn't 'quite' fit into the pockets of some of my clothes. Most, but not all. As I don't wear uniforms, I don't know if my larger pockets qualify as 'BDU-sized'.

Derek
Old 04-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
What are the outside dimensions of your Cybook? I've got a Kindle, and I'm wondering if it would fit in this case.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
What are the outside dimensions of your Cybook? I've got a Kindle, and I'm wondering if it would fit in this case.
From the Bookeen website:

Size:
4.7" x 7.4" x 0.3"
118 x 188 x 8.5 mm

I'm pretty sure that with the keyboard along the bottom of the Kindle, it wouldn't fit in the Levenger case. Or in the Fellowes Travel Folio I use.

Derek
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thanks! The Kindle is 7.5 x 5.3 x 0.7 inches -- so the width will "get me" more than the height. Although, for as close a fit as the Cybook is (per photo) the height is probably iffy too. Maybe I'll look at the next size up.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur

I used a Kindle for a week (swapped with stepbrother) to try it while he tried mine.

The Kindle is definitely too wide.

DB had a novel method of protecting his, he put it on his homeowner's insurance as a "valuable" item. He also hates the Kindle's cover but loves the page turning ease (so do I). The keyboard needs some sort of cover to hide it.

He actually glommed onto one of my pencil cases to use for his Kindle. I had been using it for my Cybook before I got the Circa case. It does not zip but it does act as an easel which is nice. The only place I know where to get one without the pencils is in Ebay (they started carrying the case without pencil after the art class I teach decided to request it en-mass). And it's only $5.99+2.99 shipping (less than $9). And it is my favorite travel brush and pencil holder too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLOR-PENCIL-EAS...713.m153.l1262
(this is one of the most reliable ebay sellers of art supplies I've ever used)

His final solution for his Kindle for real protection was a Steno Pad zip around folio. It's a little big, but he says He feels safe with it in his carryon bag.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #14
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
What kind of velcro do you use to attach the cybook? I worry about adhesive.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:34 AM   #15
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
I think they were reading this thread. They now offer a Circa Zip Folio W/ Attachment for Electronic Reader! Just 90 bucks......
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote