Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Zoom feature question

I have a 505 - there are a few library books available only in PDF format, which are really too small to read in "small" font, but "medium" plays havoc with the formatting. Can one use the (350/650) Zoom feature to expand the entire page, in my case to create a "medium small" size (I don't need as large as actual medium), or can one only zoom parts of the page, but not the entire thing? If it's a matter of selecting the text to be zoomed, I'd be fine with getting a page of nicely zoomed text, followed by a page with only the page number (including that one item way in the corner wouldn't leave much room for zooming!), and then the next page of nicely zoomed text as a tradeoff.

That's my one over-riding criterion in deciding about a new unit.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes, the new models have a zoom-in mode (as opposed to reflow), as well as "margin cut" and 2- and 3-column mode.
I suggest you to put some PDFs on an SD card and check out how it look in the shop.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert