Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I hope all the writers you've encouraged to take up the challenge post at the end of your riveting countdown, so you can see how effective it's been.
As do I... but if we get even one submission from a new face, I'll consider it an effective "blood drive."

You really should have a go with that Thumbellina idea of yours, by the way! It would be a very creative approach, and creativity has occasionally been known to sway the judges.

Let's see... we are now at:

~37 hours, 19 minutes remaining!

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #17
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
If you need more time you could have a go at Spoken Ink's comp - here
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So do I comment here (where you said): http://thefridaychallenge.blogspot.c...minder_22.html

or here: http://thefridaychallenge.blogspot.c...enge-4910.html

That site is crowded.
Either will work. I specified the first because I knew it would be an easy place for me to keep track of new submissions. But if you would rather go ahead and post an entry in the second thread you listed (which is where the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier challenge was originally announced) it will serve just as well.

For that matter, sometime tomorrow morning there will be a new "Deadline Reminder" at the top of http://thefridaychallenge.blogspot.com/, and you could post in that one as well.

Rest assured, wherever you post it, I will do my darnedest to make sure the judges know where all the entries are so that none are overlooked!

All contestants have approximately:

~31 hours, 51 minutes to go.

- M.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #20
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

~24 hours left...

Use them wisely (and get some sleep)!

- M.
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #21
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

A friendly reminder:

The deadline for the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier challenge is technically tonight at midnight, Central Standard Time (1am EST/11pm MST/10pm PST)... but since the judges will probably be asleep, you effectively have until 6am Central Standard time (7am EST/5am MST/4am PST) to slip something in under the wire.

Please, take advantage of that time if you need it! We would like to see as many new faces as possible.

Once you are ready, you can submit an entry by following this link and submitting a quick post telling who you are, and where to find your story.

I have updated the link above to the current "Deadline Reminder" page (since no one had used the other link yet), so you can either post your entries at the new link, or at the link where the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier Challenge was originally announced (as a few people have already begun to do): http://thefridaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-challenge-4910.html

I hope to see you there!

- M.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

~6 hours, 38 minutes until the technical deadline...

... and ~12 hours, 38 minutes if you want to slip something into the queue before the judges lock out further submissions.

- M.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #24
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

We have officially reached the deadline for this particular challenge... but the judges all happen to be asleep at the moment!

That means anyone still adjusting their work has another ~5 hours, 53 minutes in which to tweak-n-sneak something into the lineup. If you almost sent an entry, there is still time (at least until the judges wake up).

- M.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:29 AM   #25
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Just me then.

I blame your shoddy comment spamming, M! :P
I have not yet begun to be shoddy!

As for the turnout, as I said earlier, one new face equals a successful drive. Combine that with the fact that we had an excellent response from the usual (and a few unusual) suspects, and overall it is a very pleasant result.

More to come, although for future efforts I'll probably restrict myself to updating a single thread with whatever the current challenge and deadline might be....

- M.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #27
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I never got started, no inspiration and No Excuses, sorry, should have made the effort !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 AM   #28
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #29
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
You should post about the new, head-pickling, challenge that launched yesterday. Give people a chance. I didn't realise at first that some of you had been working on stories for a month.
Oh, trust me, I will!

When I first posted the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier announcement here, it was literally as soon as I thought to do so. MobileRead should have come to mind sooner... but it didn't, and at that point it didn't seem like the best idea to advertise the fact that FTotFF was actually a three-week "greater" challenge with only a week left.

I'll remedy that in a few minutes.

- M.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #30
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

I am very pleased to announce that dadioflex—apparently to his surprise as much as everyone else's—won the Folk Tales of the Final Frontier challenge! Well done, and well earned.

Future updates for The Friday Challenge will be posted in the other thread.

- M.