Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-30-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
PostGrant
Enthusiast
PostGrant began at the beginning.

Device: eBookWise, Dell Axim X5
Google to offer PDFs of public domain books

OK, so Gutenberg, Black Mask (RIP), et al have done this for years, but now Google is in the fray.

Yet another source of PDFs for that Sony eReader, eh?
PostGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostGrant
OK, so Gutenberg, Black Mask (RIP), et al have done this for years, but now Google is in the fray.

Yet another source of PDFs for that Sony eReader, eh?
It depends and probably not.

The problem with PDF is that it's not an eBook format. It's a page layout format.

If the Google PDFs are formatted for 8.5"x11" paper, they will be unreadable on the iLiad or Sony eReader.

If they go the way that Manybooks did (supporting the iLiad directly and having an option to create a custom PDF), then it will work.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Thanks for the info. I've downloaded 3 books already, they are all pdf scans from UMichigan and they are not available anywhere else as far as I know, so already I found new public domain books that interest me.

I've read parts of them a while ago when Google made them available online, but I never got the energy to save them page by page which you could do (the saved pages were png images) so this download option is really great.

Liviu
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote