Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
May, Karl: Der Schut (german) v 2 12 Nov. 2008

Über den Autor
Karl May wurde am 25.2.1842 in Hohenstein-Ernstthal als Sohn eines armen Webers geboren und war bis zum 5. Lebensjahr blind. Als Volksschullehrer wurde May wegen Diebstahls entlassen und verbrachte insgesamt 7 1/2 Jahre wegen Eigentumsvergehen und Betrügereien aus finanzieller Notlage im Gefängnis. Zunächst schrieb er erzgebirgische Dorfgeschichten und Humoresken für Zeitschriften in Dresden, später Kolportageromane. Mit seinen Reiseerzählungen, die in Nordamerika oder im Orient spielten, wurde May berühmt. Karl May starb am 30.3.1912 in Radebeul bei Dresden.

Der Orientzyklus
Der Orientzyklus entstand mit größeren Unterbrechungen zwischen 1881 und 1888 und wurde in der Zeitschrift »Deutscher Hausschatz in Wort und Bild« als Fortsetzungsroman bei Friedrich Pustet in Regensburg publiziert. Ab 1892 brachte der Freiburger Verleger Friedrich Ernst Fehsenfeld eine Buchreihe mit Mays Reiseerzählungen heraus, wovon der Orientzyklus die ersten sechs Bände ausmachte. Karl May überarbeitete dazu die Texte. Weitere Überarbeitungen führte der Karl-May-Verlag, Radebul in den Buchausgaben ab 1913 und nach dem zweiten Weltkrieg durch. In der hier vorliegenden »Ausgabe letzter Hand«, welche 1908/1909 erschien, wurden gegenüber der Fehsenfeld-Buchreihe lediglich eindeutige Druckfehler korrigiert.

Quelle:Karl May Gesellschaft
Cover:ravenne

Der 6. und letzte Band des Orientzyklus.
Nächstes Wochenende: Winnetou 1 - 4

v 2
vereinheitlicht verschönert vereinfacht
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Der Schut.prc (700.0 KB, 1516 views)

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-12-2008 at 12:10 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
PS: Ein bisschen Feedback wär nicht schlecht
Und wohlverdient. Ich habe zwar die .LIT-Versionen der (fast-)Gesamtausgabe der Karl-May-Gesellschaft, hätte mich aber noch an die nicht unerhebliche Arbeit machen müssen, diese in ein von meinem V3 lesbaren Format umzuwandeln. Dass Du mir das ersparst, ist definitiv ein dickes Danke wert.

Zur Qualität deiner Arbeit kann ich noch keine Aussage machen, das Update, welches Mobipocket auf meinen Reader bringt, habe ich noch nicht installiert. :-(
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post

Zur Qualität deiner Arbeit kann ich noch keine Aussage machen, das Update, welches Mobipocket auf meinen Reader bringt, habe ich noch nicht installiert. :-(
I´ve started reading the first book of the Orientzyklus (Durch die Wüste) and the quality is excellent.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy View Post
Und wohlverdient. Ich habe zwar die .LIT-Versionen der (fast-)Gesamtausgabe der Karl-May-Gesellschaft, hätte mich aber noch an die nicht unerhebliche Arbeit machen müssen, diese in ein von meinem V3 lesbaren Format umzuwandeln. Dass Du mir das ersparst, ist definitiv ein dickes Danke wert.:-(
Ich habe nicht die Lit Versionen als Grundlagen genommen, da die leider nicht ganz durchkorrigiert waren und daher nicht ganz leicht lesbar. Ich habe mir die Grundtexte genommen und die dann ganz neu formatiert. Mobipocket ist im Gegensatz zu Microsoft Reader ein Format, das gerade auf mobilen Lesegeräten sehr verbreitet ist und zusammen mit den beiden Zusatzformaten, die ich anbiete, das ganze Spektrum der modernen Reader abdeckt.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I´ve started reading the first book of the Orientzyklus (Durch die Wüste) and the quality is excellent.
I've now installed both the Mobipocket Reader on my computer and the update for my V3, and I agree, mtravellerh, this is excellent quality.

Pity that the Mobipocket Reader on the V3 sucks (interline spacing is far too big, font choices are limited, no way to choose the font size that I could find, occasional spurious spaces after umlauts), and the ePub reader sucks even more (every umlaut and sharp s is followed by a space that is not in the original document. WTF?!)

So unless Jinke/lBook/BeBook goes and fixes their bloody reader apps, I may have to convert to FB2 after all. :-(
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I still haven't started reading this series, and it will take some time to get my German fresh again... but doesn't it say "Table of Contents" (in English) in this book (and maybe in others, I haven't checked all)? Also it seems the format varies a bit in the series ("ERSTES KAPITEL" in the first book, "Erstes Kapitel" in the sixth, and no space after the colon...).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I still haven't started reading this series, and it will take some time to get my German fresh again... but doesn't it say "Table of Contents" (in English) in this book (and maybe in others, I haven't checked all)? Also it seems the format varies a bit in the series ("ERSTES KAPITEL" in the first book, "Erstes Kapitel" in the sixth, and no space after the colon...).
Coming from an English speaking guy, the "toc" remark sounds quite funny, but you are, of course right. As soon as I have finished the Winnetou trilogy (might be today or tomorrow), I will go back to the "Orientzyklus" and check the books for consistency and a few minor formatting errors I committed. I have had a steep learning curve with Mobi creator ( the "Orientzyklus" being the first books I did other than straight conversions as per the reader) and will straighten things out in the next days.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Hab den Orientzyklus, vereinheitlicht, Code vereinfacht, Format bisserl verschönert. Viel Spass!

PS: v 1 bleibt selbstverständlich lesbar, ein zweiter Download ist nicht erforderlich.

Tags
deutsch, german