Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #31
willwac
willwac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT (Black)
I have NO idea how to "compile" and/or run this on my black, jail broken Kindle 4NT.
Can anyone recommend a guide for me?
willwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #32
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwac View Post
I have NO idea how to "compile" and/or run this on my black, jail broken Kindle 4NT.
Can anyone recommend a guide for me?
Use this version here, since it is packaged as an extension for KUAL:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=42

And you need kterm as well.

You can also use the binaries linked here as-is, no need to compile.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #33
willwac
willwac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT (Black)
Both kterm and accirc crashes when I try to run them via KUAL.
willwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwac View Post
Both kterm and accirc crashes when I try to run them via KUAL.
Something is wrong at your end.

Without any more description than "crashes" we can't tell anything else about the problem.

Does the README in the packages and/or the post you found those packages at have anything to say about them being for your K4 model?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #35
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
there is no terminal for a kindle 4.

This will never work for that.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
there is no terminal for a kindle 4.

This will never work for that.
Thanks for the reminder.
I missed that one entirely (and evidently so did everyone else).
Old 05-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #37
Kartoffelr
Kartoffelr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
I think i set up the config correctly, gave myself a nickname. Still all i can see is this three lines pop up:
Quote:
nick
user 1 2 3 4
fallback net set to
And then the application crashes (the console closes without interaction).
Is this still beeing developed?

I really like the idea to have IRC on my kindle without using the browser and a web client.
Kartoffelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #38
knc1
Going Viral

Your info block says: "Kindle Paperwhite" -
without any hint as to which model (Gen-1 or Gen-2).
Your post does not help any with information on model or firmware version you are using.

Ah, so let us start out at the basics, where did you get your firmware package(s)?
From this link? -> :: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29
From this link? -> :: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=42
From the first post in this thread?
Which of those packages did you install?
What model of Paperwhite?
What firmware version?
Where did your version of kterm come from?
What version?

Last edited by knc1; 05-27-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #39
Kartoffelr

Thanks for your reply - indeed i should have known to give this information at the beginning.
Quote:
What model of Paperwhite?
What firmware version?
PW1, i am using firmware 5.4.4.2.

Quote:
Which of those packages did you install?
From the twobobs post, "accidental-irc.zip (421.3 KB)".
I actually have trouble to distinguish this versions(?) from each other.

Quote:
Where did your version of kterm come from?
What version?
From http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-terminal/

Last edited by Kartoffelr; 05-28-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:04 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral

Hmm....

The only thing that jumps out at me is that your firmware is much more recent than any acirc was ever tested on.

(I think the "4.0" is just a typo - but that package which twobob built would probably be the most recent.)

I have that copy of kterm running on a PW1 without problems -
but again, I am still running the 5.3.3 firmware version.

- - - - -

Welcome to the world of application testing.

Last edited by knc1; 05-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #41
Kartoffelr

Other KUAL applications are working fine for me with firmware 5.4.4.2, including kterm (that's why i forgot to think about the different firmware as the cause).

Unfortunately i didn't try accidental IRC out before upgrading the firmware.

Quote:
Welcome to the world of application testing.
Of course i am more then willing to help you guys with testing stuff. Without your work on mobileread, the Kindle would be an inferior device.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffelr View Post
Other KUAL applications are working fine for me with firmware 5.4.4.2, including kterm (that's why i forgot to think about the different firmware as the cause).

Unfortunately i didn't try accidental IRC out before upgrading the firmware.

Of course i am more then willing to help you guys with testing stuff. Without your work on mobileread, the Kindle would be an inferior device.
twobob was using his own build of it himself - so I expect it **was** working.
I.E: This isn't just an example binary he through together for other people to play with.

The other things that you report as working seems to narrow your problem down to just acirc -

I don't use this IRC client myself, so we need to wait for someone with more hands-on experience with it.
(and twobob is not available)
Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #43
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I remember that there were some OpenSSL hijinks that prompted me to provide a couple of test builds at one point, but I don't really remember what exactly was behaving badly.

The upstream URL also happens to be dead right now, but the author used to hang out on our irc chan, so you may want to try there.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #44
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I remember that there were some OpenSSL hijinks that prompted me to provide a couple of test builds at one point, but I don't really remember what exactly was behaving badly.

The upstream URL also happens to be dead right now, but the author used to hang out on our irc chan, so you may want to try there.
According to your earlier comment with those posts -
They changed OpenSSL version sometime during the 5.x firmware series and you had to either static link and/or something else to get rid of the OpenSSL related errors.

HTH.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ha, and that was only, like, 10 posts behind ;p. Thanks!

That did lead me to another URL, with newer sources: http://neutrak.kaycare.co.uk/index.p...accidental_irc

So I'll try to build that later tonight.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irc, native