Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #16
quoddle
Enthusiast
quoddle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
I have now solved this with the help of Netgear support. The solution was to switch the DG834Gt from Modem/router to modem only (via http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?next_file=mode.htm) then set up my ISP login details on the WNDR4500 and finally set up port forwarding. Having done that the content server is now visible externally.
quoddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(I did not know you could make it behave only like a Modem (I have separates).
The main thing is you only have 1 router and 1 DHCP server.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
A term for that is using the modem/router in "Bridged" mode. Commonly it's done when the ISP has supplied a modem/router, and the customer would rather use an existing router that they own.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
A term for that is using the modem/router in "Bridged" mode. Commonly it's done when the ISP has supplied a modem/router, and the customer would rather use an existing router that they own.
That term I have seen, I just did not quite understand the Why.. Now I do
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote