Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
sark666
Connoisseur
sark666 began at the beginning.

Device: colognesbook
blackberry support? and if so which ereader

I want to use calibre to upload epubs to my blackberry.

Right now, I only installed the kobo app on my bb as I have a kobo reader.

Calibre gave the option to send to the device but it didn't seem to work. Does calibre currently support the blackberry? And if so, which ereader should I use on the bb?
sark666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark666 View Post
Calibre gave the option to send to the device but it didn't seem to work. Does calibre currently support the blackberry? And if so, which ereader should I use on the bb?
If the blackberry shows up as a usb drive then you can use the connect to folder option.

If it doesn't you should be able to use calibre's content server or email feature to get books to your device.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-04-2010 at 06:14 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
sark666
Connoisseur

Thanks I'll try that.

So if that works, which ereader for a blackberry?

Again, I installed the kobo reader just because I have a kobo but I get the impression on a bb its primary (only?) means of reading books are ones purchased and not ones uploaded manually via calibre.

Is that the case? Is there another ereader commonly used for bb's?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
The only one I ever found was mobipocket. It will convert epub to mobi for you. It's not perfect, but it works ok.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
www.ereader.com says it has Blackberry support.

So does Barnes & Noble. Actually, that may just be a B&N-labeled version of the same eReader software at eReader.com. They don't have a "Nook" version.

I don't have a Blackberry, so I can't say how well they work...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
What I found with all of those is that they don't take content other than that you buy at their store. In other words, no sideloaded content.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
sark666
Connoisseur

That's what I gather that it's no side-loaded content. I was hoping there was a half-decent (free) ereader for the bb.