Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
How to search/find books on Odyssey?

Hi,
I have got a new Odyssey Reader with the latest firmware. I filled it with epubs and PDFs by calibre. That works fine and I can read my books.
My problem: I cannot search for an author or for the title of a book. There seems not to be any search mask.
Any hint how to find a certain book on the device or on the SD card?

Thanks in Advance
SF
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Do you have your books sorted into folders?
You can enable folder view from the menu.
You can also change the sorting of the books by touching the top right corner.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
@slowfax: unfortunately there is no search function on the Odyssey. As bob123 suggested, you can organize your books in directories and browse them with the graphical option of the integrated library manager.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
the lack of Search tool is really a shame. When you have hundreds or thousands of books in the reader you spend your time with browsing.

And don't try to add too many books in one time, because it can block you reader when sorting the library.

the worst reader I've had. Even with the new firmware .
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
I would sugest you use the calibre "Sending books to devices" to organize your books.
To access it go to:
- preferences » Sending books to devices.
- (If the device is connected) Device » Configure this device

You can personalize how the books are stored in the device (the default organizes by folders from teh author name).

I like to have all the books in the same place so i organize by collection:
Epub/{series}{series_index:| - | - }{title} - {authors}
I then choose on the odyssey to sort by file path

This way i can have all the 1632 books by an order
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
I had over 3000 books on my Odyssey and thought it was the best and easiest system to get quick access to all my books. It could have been better with a search option, but if I have to choose between this and any other e-reader that's restricted or works with blasted bookshelves, it's an easy choice. Too bad my reader bricked, I think because I took the SD card out when it was in sleep mode. Pretty lame, so I would not recommend the brand any more. But if the search option is the only thing that's bothering your, just pre-sort your books properly in maps and it's the most free system on the market.
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I agree.

Also: try contacting Bookeen, they are replacing the Odyssey's (especially v. 1 ones) with newer ones, for problems similar to yours.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote