Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #31
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I move this thread to the Hanlin sub-forum. Until there is a good reason to give this brand its own forum it will be left here.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #32
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
But it is not e-ink. Why you moved it there?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 AM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
But it is not e-ink. Why you moved it there?
Of all the sub-forums, this is the one that is the closest match. The M218A reads WOLF format.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #34
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Of all the sub-forums, this is the one that is the closest match. The M218A reads WOLF format.
By the way, it is now in the wiki (M218) as well. More information is needed on this product. It may be related to Jinke as well.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #35
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

But it is not e-ink. I think it should be separate theme in forum devoted to readers from Asia. Now Panasonic words gear is discussed in "Which device shall I buy". 218 is mentioned here and in other threads. And how many devices are still unknown to us?
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM   #36
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

The moderators have been discussing the suggestion made by stasys and mrdini about adding a new "catch-all" forum for uncommon ebook reader. It's a good idea. Main reason we hadn't created one is we don't want to make a new forum until there is enough activity to justify it. There are now seven device specific forums as well as the future and legacy device forums. It just seems like it's getting a little crowded.

Instead, it looks like we might replace or rename the Starebook forum. This forum was created in late 2006, I think, and is not very active.

So, what do you guys think? I'm throwing this open for debate.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
I like this idea. If you look at the dates and numbers, the Starebook forums sees almost no activity. It has half as many posts and a fifth of the threads of the next more active forum, the one for the eBookwise. I wouldn't be surprised if the various and sundry threads for other exotics like the Panasonic Wordgear, the Soribook, or this one for the M218 taken together had more activity than the Starebook forum in the last six months or so.

I say go for it.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 AM   #38
stasys
Zealot

Good idea! And now the theme name should be changed from eREAD STAReBOOK to "Other eReaders after 2005" or something like that.

Last edited by stasys; 03-10-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #39
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
agreed ..good idea...

Quote:
The moderators have been discussing the suggestion made by stasys and mrdini about adding a new "catch-all" forum for uncommon ebook reader. It's a good idea. Main reason we hadn't created one is we don't want to make a new forum until there is enough activity to justify it. There are now seven device specific forums as well as the future and legacy device forums. It just seems like it's getting a little crowded.

Instead, it looks like we might replace or rename the Starebook forum. This forum was created in late 2006, I think, and is not very active.

So, what do you guys think? I'm throwing this open for debate.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #40
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
I'm all for renaming the forum to "other readers" or something.

As I'm the only STAReBOOK owner here it seems, I don't think I need an entire forum, espec for one where the producing company seems to have vanished. Not like anyone else will be buying one, or getting firmware updates or anything.

So, as the lone STAReBOOKian, go for it

micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #41
mrdini
Connoisseur
mrdini doesn't littermrdini doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V2 & V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro View Post
I'm all for renaming the forum to "other readers" or something.

As I'm the only STAReBOOK owner here it seems, I don't think I need an entire forum, espec for one where the producing company seems to have vanished. Not like anyone else will be buying one, or getting firmware updates or anything.

So, as the lone STAReBOOKian, go for it
But you could have an ENTIRE forum, all to yourself! Think about that!
mrdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #42
stasys
Zealot

Quote:
The Ebay seller is also a web retailer, and accepts Paypal. This is their website. http://www.rwhj.com.cn/html/category/class_34.html
Nate, can you pm me his e-mail - I want to ask about other readers on his website. Or maybe he told you already which of them has English menu? Thanks.