Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Paul Miller
Enthusiast
Paul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo
having trouble posting

Hi:

I'm trying to get through the process of introducing myself to the forums, in order to find out more about e-readers.

I'm having trouble finding how to post an introduction, however. From my experience, a "new post" is different form a "new thread," yet in the introductions forum I don't see an option for creating a new post, just a new thread. I'm stymied.

I tried, out of desperation, creating a new thread in the introductions forum, and introducing myself there, but, checking in 2 days later, I did not see it there among the last few dozen introductions.

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.
Paul
Paul Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
this is a thread you started, I just posted in it, and this thread is in the Mobile Read forums
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A new thread is what you want. Posts live inside threads.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Miller View Post
Hi:

I'm trying to get through the process of introducing myself to the forums, in order to find out more about e-readers.

I'm having trouble finding how to post an introduction, however. From my experience, a "new post" is different form a "new thread," yet in the introductions forum I don't see an option for creating a new post, just a new thread. I'm stymied.

I tried, out of desperation, creating a new thread in the introductions forum, and introducing myself there, but, checking in 2 days later, I did not see it there among the last few dozen introductions.

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.
Paul
Your introduction thread must have move down, but you did create one.
This was the thread you created:
introducing myself - hope I'm doing this right
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #5
Paul Miller
Enthusiast
Paul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavens

That's a relief! So, I got it correct. Thanks, dreams and everyone else. You'd think I'm totally new to using forums, but I'm not. I just got stymied on this one.
Paul
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Maybe this jpeg will make things a bit easier. Click on the thumbnail to see an enlarged version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UserCP_NewPostsRev1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	120468  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Maybe this jpeg will make things a bit easier. Click on the thumbnail to see an enlarged version.
Holy Carp! I've been here how long(?) and I didn't even remember that was an option!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #8
Paul Miller
Enthusiast

Pretty darn cool! Thanks for pointing this out. Awesome graphic, by the way.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you and you're welcome. The graphic is just something I whipped up quickly using a combination of MS Paint and Photoshop Elements.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #10
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

lol mspaint is small but gets the job done!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
lol mspaint is small but gets the job done!
You said that right. Even with more powerful programs on my computer that do things MSPaint wouldn't think of doing, I still find for most everyday nuts and bolts jobs it's indispensable.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #12
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

yup, so are you a graphics designer?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

or at least a pro user type?
Old 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Heck, I'm not even an artist. I just like drawing things and playing with photographs from time to time.