Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakesFriend View Post
I I contacted Smashwords and they don't care -- meaning they say it's entirely the fault/responsibility of the author. That buck will wear out if it's passed around much further.
It's a fair enough point. Nobody at Smashwords actually reads or checks any of the ebooks people publish there.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
All of Dorchester's Leisure line seem to be Topaz format scanned images from the paperbacks. That is the only format available in the UK, epub versions exist for America, I don't know if they are any better or not.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I just started reading Gai-Jin by James Clavell (bought in mobipocket format at Fictionwise). It does look decent so far, except for this one:

"for God's saké,"

It made me laugh
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
JakesFriend
Jakes Friend
JakesFriend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
That's what I'm thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcejedi View Post
That is rather the point of Smashwords. I don't think there's much point trying to list Smashwords books to avoid; you can just leave feedback as a review. Unless you feel the need to share particularly creative spellings... I'm normally quite quick, but it took me far too long to work out what the word JESTERS was supposed to be!
That's my idea: to show how strange and frustrating it can be to read books (e- or not) that haven't been checked carefully.
JakesFriend is offline   Reply With Quote