Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #46
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I hope so
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Btw did you know that Chuck Norris slept with the light on ?

not that he's afraid of the dark : the dark is afraid of him
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #48
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I don't like fingerprints on my screens.
I don't like fingerprints on my screens either (especially on the pc). But I was quite surprised how little the smudges are visible on the Sony touch. Sure, if I angle the reader so that light breaks in the smudges, I can see the fingerprints. But if I just hold the reader so I don't have glare, I don't see them. And now that it's not a problem (at least) for me, I cannot see myself pulling out the stylus everytime to turn a page, look up a word, navigate in the menu....

So if the screens surface of the Cybook has a similar texture, it may not even be an issue.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
shame it's not taking the leap forward into colour ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #50
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I know that there isn't a lot of love for Bookeen, but has anyone heard anything about the Orizon launch? The CES debut said June 2010, but then there was the SiPix delay...
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #51
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Is the built-in card reader SDHC or SDXC, anybody know? I sure hope it is SDXC!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #52
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I don't be sure that the "SiPix incident" is a real problem, BenQ already sell device with SiPix screen.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #53
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
There is a real problem with sipix screens.

http://www.e-reader-info.com/qisda-r...-displays-2011

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20100412PD204.html

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 06-03-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #54
Godzil

They are pretty old news (april)
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #55
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I know that there isn't a lot of love for Bookeen, but has anyone heard anything about the Orizon launch? The CES debut said June 2010, but then there was the SiPix delay...
The Gen3 is a good device, works well and does all I need it to do as a reader.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #56
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Ebouquin website told it has been postponed until September. In the meanwhile, Sony (maybe), Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Acer, Asus and Samsung will have their new ereaders on market. So, who cares about Bookeen? Not me, for sure.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #57
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
I know that there isn't a lot of love for Bookeen...
I'm very fond of Bookeen. My Gen3 worked superbly for 2 years until I crushed it in a bag on an Indian railway, and their customer service replied promptly to the couple of questions I raised.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #58
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I'm very fond of Bookeen. My Gen3 worked superbly for 2 years until I crushed it in a bag on an Indian railway, and their customer service replied promptly to the couple of questions I raised.

Graham
Maybe the posters are a vocal minority, but out of the 15+ threads I've read about Cybook products, almost all of them had comments about bad CS, lousy support and late or nonexistent firmware updates.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #59
GeoffC

Is any device moan-free ?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #60
Godzil

Quote:
Maybe the posters are a vocal minority, but out of the 15+ threads I've read about Cybook products, almost all of them had comments about bad CS, lousy support and late or nonexistent firmware updates.
You should read more thread, or just read them instead of skim them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Is any device moan-free ?
I doubt, and even not only liseuse, that's true for all product, even the better