Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
kahealani
kahealani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Problem with Sony software upgrade

Aloha to everyone from Hawaii, I have just joined this forum after lurking in the background for months. Today I came across a problem I have no idea how to solve. As so many others I downloaded Sony's libary upgrade. I use Vista and when I tried downloading a book I got this message (Adobe Error 472). I have no idea what it means. However I downloaded Dale Browns Air Battle Force from the libary and had no problems with it. I wonder if this is happening to other people and if it can be resoved.

kahealani
kahealani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
rittsi
Enthusiast
rittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enoughrittsi will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 505, iphone 3GS, Kindle 3
I'm having the same problem. I have purchased & downloaded several books successfully but today I received that error message after trying to download a book I just purchased.

Edited to add: This is my first download using Sony's newest library software.

Edit #2: Updated adobe reader & restarted my pc. I'm now able to download the book without the error message.

Last edited by rittsi; 12-13-2009 at 08:02 AM.
rittsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
kahealani

My updates are all current,I cannot download any of my purchsed books, I am wondering if they are even working to fix this problem. After spening so much money on this gadget I certainly don't want have to go and buy something else. The reader works great and I like it. The software is horrible, I am glad I didn't buy very many books from themyet. I suppose calling their support would be a waste of time
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I had the same problem, but I closed and reopened the library, went back to my account to redownload (it had been deleted from tasks when I closed it) and everything went fine. Give it a try.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
kahealani

Well it seems I got it fixed. Went to live chat with Sony support and and was told to uninstall the programm and the reinstall it. I did that and it seems to work fine now. I guess it was my fault I forgot to uninstall the original program before downloading the new one. I must have been in a hurry.

kahealani
Advert