Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
device skins from gelaskins

i came across this site and thought i would give out the address here, since i know that lots of people like to use skins to protect their devices. for the moment, they don't seem to offer any skins for liseuses, however they do propose them for ipods, laptops, and phones. perhaps if enough people write in asking for liseuse skins they will add them to their catalogue. their current selection is quite diverse and full of different artistic and graphic styles.

/!\ i have not personally bought a skin from them (and i don't own a device they sell skins for, so i won't buy one anytime soon), so i don't know anything about the quality. i just saw them and thought they were pretty.

http://www.gelaskins.com/

edit : if someone does buy a skin from them, perhaps they can post here their impressions of it so other people will know what to expect.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
They look cuttable... They look great for personalisation, but I'm not certain how much protection they will provide....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
HowGozit
Connoisseur
HowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo, Asus Tab 8, iPod Touch, Galaxy Tab, Surface Pr2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i came across this site and thought i would give out the address here, since i know that lots of people like to use skins to protect their devices. for the moment, they don't seem to offer any skins for liseuses, however they do propose them for ipods, laptops, and phones. perhaps if enough people write in asking for liseuse skins they will add them to their catalogue. their current selection is quite diverse and full of different artistic and graphic styles.

/!\ i have not personally bought a skin from them (and i don't own a device they sell skins for, so i won't buy one anytime soon), so i don't know anything about the quality. i just saw them and thought they were pretty.

http://www.gelaskins.com/

edit : if someone does buy a skin from them, perhaps they can post here their impressions of it so other people will know what to expect.
I bought skins from them for my iPod Touch and a PSP. The iPod Touch is normally carried in a jacket pocket with no other protection that the Gelaskin on the back and a clear skin (also from Gelaskins) on the face. I am a bit anal about keeping my gear protected, and this combo seems reasonably bulletproof at keeping scratches away from the shiny rear of the case and there are no marks appearing on the screen. The fingerprints show up, but I just rub the Touch on my shirt now and again and that cleans them off.

Recommended if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch..

www.skinit.com also have a pretty good selection of skins - one for the Sony PRS505 as well.. Not tried by me yet - I keep my Sony in a small metal case with foam padding..

You can cut the skins if required. I needed to cut a notch for the volume control for the iPod Touch g2 (I bought a G1 skin - they have both now). I also cut the skin for the PSP, as I have a PSP3000 and they only have them for the older one. (In the PSP's case I just wanted something that would keep it pristine for resale in a couple of years and also to cover that wretched shiny, fingerprint showing, black finish).

Ross
HowGozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks very much ross for the review ! good to know they are good quality. if i ever do get a device they make a skin for i wouldn't mind getting one, some of them are really gorgeous.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Good to see these.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert