Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
musicguyguy
musicguyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch (5.3.2) bricked after using Kubrick LiveCD

Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm looking for some guidance... thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Kindle Touch with firmware version 5.3.2 that I tried to jailbreak yesterday using the Kubrick 3.4 LiveCD that is currently stickied to the front page. My Kindle seems to be bricked now.

At the time, my Kindle was on about 50% battery, but Kubrick didn't make any complaints. Now, however, my Kindle seems to be stuck on a black screen with a small triangle across the top in the right hand corner.

I managed to pull up a critical battery screen (the one with an empty battery, a USB plug, and a lightning bolt) and left my kindle charging overnight. I attempted to go through the Kubrick process again, this time without doing the jailbreak. The diag screens showed up fine, and the debrick was successful, according to Kubrick, but now the screen is the same black with narrow triangle.

I'm currently trying to follow silver18's simple debricking guide; however pressing the power and then the home buttons have no visible effect.

I think the easiest course of action right now would be to factory reset my Kindle and start over. Does anyone know how to do this or anything else to do?

Thanks again.
musicguyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645

Report all that you do and all results of each step.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
musicguyguy
musicguyguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Solved

Nevermind, the debricking process worked!

Pressing the power and them home buttons (to pull up diag mode) did nothing on the kindle screen, but did display on windows as a HID compliant device and I was able to connect to it using mfgtool.
musicguyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bricked, debrick, kubrick, touch