Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
waddragon
waddragon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader first edition
iRex iLiad 2th edition or cybook newest edition, help plz

Hi,
I am a college student and all of my books(solutions and textbooks) will be in the format PDF. I bought the sony reader first edition last year and extremely disappointed about the font size and pdf restriction of it. The size of the words is too small for me to read. Right now I am looking for another device to let me read all of my solutions and ebooks in pdf format. I don't care about WIFI or any other useful features. what I need is an ebook reader which can let me read all the pdf with a nice font size, and the speed to turn page shouldn't be too slow(below 2s).
Note: I also have try the sony reader 2th edition at fry and think that it is a good device which is a bit improvement from the first one. However, the font size is kind of small when i put my pdf files into the device to check. And when the device is at low battery, the speed of operation is extremely low such as turning pages and changing books.
Therefore, I right now am looking for either the cybook or iRex iLiad 2th edition but I have no chance trying them. Any help or another recommendation?
(i just need to read pdf file with good font size).

Thanks
waddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iLiad really is the only sensible choice if reading A4/Letter PDFs is important for you. It has far, far better PDF support than any other eInk reader, and the larger screen makes a huge difference. It's really the only option.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert