Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Desertranger
Master dog trainer.
Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.Desertranger knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle DX
From the desert, Ranger and Jin

Swap howdies huh? OK we'll try again. We 'un's is friendly types in the desert but a couple of geeky type forums recently have been fairly unfriendly.

I'm Ranger an ex tribal-ranger for a band of Indians in the Sonora desert. My specialty is ethno-botany of the desert, geology and rock climbing.

This is my partner
Service Dog Jin

I get to have a service dog because I'm now disabled from an incident. Jin is also a very cool dog, works chasing geese off of parks, bringing me meds and water... or beer.

As for me I've worked with operating systems most of you have never heard of, written my share of ML code and now I have a Kindle DX as a present. I figure Kindles will do more than Kindle. I favor Linux over Windblows and have a very low opinion of operating systems in general; basically Windows. Mac or Linux, every OS sucks.

Anything else?? Yes; given a knife I can make a fire from available materials. Given my standard day pack I can survive in the desert for a week. That's a long time for the desert.

Together we, Ranger and Jin
Desertranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ranger and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Sounds an exciting life, Ranger. And your Kindle should make it complete. Happy e-reading and very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote